Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

the dream thread

Re: the dream thread
May 04, 2013, 04:56:43 AM
Its a catchier term than Para-REM wakefulness or whatever.

August 20, 2013, 11:43:05 PM
I dreamed the other night that my spirit was about to transform in a way that's hard to tell in words. I began to fly toward the sky but all there was was  infinite darkness. That darkness was to much for my mind to handle so I just kept pushing  allready known images in front of it to mask it.

My question is: instead of bloking the darkness because of fear, should I just embraced it even if there was no telling what could have happened, maybe madness or death?

Is the danger is real in those situations or my fears are unfounded?

Has anyone had those kind of dreams before?
“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” -Krishnamurti

''I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.''  -Hippolyte Taine

August 21, 2013, 02:10:56 AM
I've done this in deep meditation, not in a dream, and it was the final step.
That fear is the last thing preventing you from reaching...
...whatever you reach.
You almost certainly will not die. But even if you do, so what? You'll have no regrets.
You need to be an explorer/risk-taker, to ever discover anything worth discovering.

This fear of death - of not returning - is what keeps people locked in ignorance.
In a way, if you cross over to where I crossed over to, you never do really come back, completely. 
Some of you remains alive on earth, functioning far better than you ever did, while the real substance of what you are, is free, in everything, everywhere, always.

From what I know of you, from the content of your words, you are a good candidate.
Squawk!

August 21, 2013, 06:09:03 AM
Last night I dreamt of exploring an immense cavern with a handful of friends. None were more experienced in caving than myself. Some friends were worried that I would never return, and one even insisted that I check my light for fresh batteries before descending.

I lied, and told him that my batteries were A-OK. They weren't; I didn't even make sure that my lamp was packed.

I was prepared to be lost in the majesty of the cavern.

It is tempting to apply Jungian interpretations to all of these wonderful dreams! But I don't want to ruin anybody's good time.  :-X

Phoenix

August 21, 2013, 06:18:37 AM
Is the danger is real in those situations or my fears are unfounded?

What's more important than answering that is to recognize that one way or another, however you end up meeting, you cannot escape the darkness.

So don't dodge the question, investigate it and make preparations.

But it's more a question for you to answer, not me.

October 18, 2013, 11:39:30 PM
Dreams are just feedback taking place during the garbage dump process of sleep.

It has been shown to have a big role in the fixing of memories in the brain and learning, but a team at the University of Rochester Medical Centre believe that "housework" may be one of the primary reasons for sleep.

"The brain only has limited energy at its disposal and it appears that it must choose between two different functional states - awake and aware or asleep and cleaning up," said researcher Dr Maiken Nedergaard.

"You can think of it like having a house party. You can either entertain the guests or clean up the house, but you can't really do both at the same time."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-24567412
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

October 22, 2013, 10:08:44 PM
Dreams are just feedback taking place during the garbage dump process of sleep.

It has been shown to have a big role in the fixing of memories in the brain and learning, but a team at the University of Rochester Medical Centre believe that "housework" may be one of the primary reasons for sleep.

"The brain only has limited energy at its disposal and it appears that it must choose between two different functional states - awake and aware or asleep and cleaning up," said researcher Dr Maiken Nedergaard.

"You can think of it like having a house party. You can either entertain the guests or clean up the house, but you can't really do both at the same time."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-24567412

Some dreams are more than just that.
“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” -Krishnamurti

''I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.''  -Hippolyte Taine

October 23, 2013, 10:37:43 PM
I never had a serious dream, a thing that should be listed, but when I remember of a dream after some hours, this dream is about my pervations, they are like extreme metal lyrics, I don't wanna write my dreams here because I have sure that you all know don't really care for it, but these dreams have gore, sodomy, assassinates, there ones that I suicide.

Someone fucking know what this means?
From Brazil

October 23, 2013, 11:14:11 PM
Obviously it means you are a terrible mess.
But I wouldn't worry too much. Nearly everybody else is, too.
Squawk!

October 24, 2013, 12:19:44 PM
I never had a serious dream, a thing that should be listed, but when I remember of a dream after some hours, this dream is about my pervations, they are like extreme metal lyrics, I don't wanna write my dreams here because I have sure that you all know don't really care for it, but these dreams have gore, sodomy, assassinates, there ones that I suicide.

Someone fucking know what this means?

It does not mean you a re a terrible mess. It does not mean you are dysfunctional. Write your dreams down. You don't have to share them here, but if you are afraid to let other people read what you write, it is probably going to help you out a lot to share some of the dreams with someone.

I'm sure it's very uncomfortable but if the images in your dreams surprise and disturb you, then you will have to face and overcome some of your fears before getting back to restful sleep. If the dreams do not disturb you, then why not share? It is uncommon to have excessively violent dreams over and over, and it is an interesting case.

October 24, 2013, 07:52:01 PM
Maybe crazy violent dreams are part of being young. I seem to remember having some pretty disturbing dreams, quite regularly, when I was afflicted with the tiresome burden of youth.
The last really violent dream I had involved the end of everything, which somehow was incredibly liberating.
Now I dream of generally pleasant things, when I dream at all.
Squawk!