Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Sharing.

Sharing.
April 28, 2013, 05:15:48 PM
There are roving bands of riff-raff where I live, who drink, smoke and mope their days away, between welfare checks, food-bank days, and break-and-enters, down at at the local cafe. My wife and I used to chat with them, for a while.
The idea of sharing often came up. It went something like this:

Riff-raff: "The rich should share their stuff with the poor. They have lots of stuff."
Me: "If they shared their stuff with you, what would you share with them? Resentment and jealousy?"

I didn't pursue that activity for long. But, since they sometimes asked f I had any work, I offered a few of them a bit of that. I have lots of work. I still do. Because, even though I paid them well, and my wife fed them, and very little output was actually expected of them, they still managed to produce nothing but resentment and jealousy.

Sharing suggests a give and take. Give something to someone, and get given something in return.
Strangely, such an arrangement already exists. It's called capitalism. You give your time, and get money in return.
The only real stipulation is that your time gets used for producing something approximately equal to the value of the money being paid to you. It's Rocket Science. Riff-raff are unable to grasp the concept.

Phoenix

Re: Sharing.
May 05, 2013, 03:14:38 AM
Isn't it bartering, these days often facilitated with money, that implies both 'give' and 'take'? If you give something with an expectation of receiving something back then you're seeking to conduct a transaction.

Re: Sharing.
May 05, 2013, 06:12:18 PM
In a bureaucracy many crappy people gain power by "networking" and having some diploma.

In many jobs you have to go 8 long hours with some bonobo type of person, whom you have to do what says and what's even worse stay on good foot with.

Not even with an academic education it seems today difficult to avoid those revengeful fags.