Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Jeff Hanneman Dead at 49

Jeff Hanneman Dead at 49
May 02, 2013, 11:38:16 PM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=189480
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1560534/slayer-guitarist-jeff-hanneman-dead-at-49

This is pretty bad news considering how integral Hanneman was to Slayer.  I guess I saw it coming because he hasn't played/seen other band members for almost two years now.  It is going to be a solemn June 6th when it roles around this year.

Re: Jeff Hanneman Dead at 49
May 03, 2013, 01:38:36 AM
Such unfortunate news. He's part of the reason I picked up a guitar in the first place.

Hails and respect to him.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

May 05, 2013, 12:43:23 AM
Hails and much respect!

May 05, 2013, 04:38:51 PM
Looks like I'll have to wait until Valhalla to see them live.

May 06, 2013, 04:32:16 PM
The comprehensive cause of his death remains unknown, but I think the safest assumption would be that both the necrotizing fasciitis infection and long-term heavy ethanol use were contributing factors to the liver failure.

Designs for posters, t-shirts, etc. about him are already mushrooming everywhere, most often containing the phrase R.I.P., but I think the best commemorating phrase/slogan for him would be:

Stricken to live
Hell on Earth
Shackled and bound we lie
Praise of death
Life's a dream
We're only living to die

May 27, 2013, 11:16:01 PM
Jeff Hanneman was a wicked alcoholic; he died of liver failure. He also abused cocaine for years which I'm sure didn't help. Look at nearly any candid photo of him and you'll see he usually appears completely trashed and/or is holding a beer.

He actually had an endorsement deal from Heineken as well as the usual guitar/amp/string companies, which meant he probably had access to an unlimited supply of free beer.

It's too bad what happened to him but this is what happens when you don't take care of your body.
-l-