Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Proposed forum reorganization

Proposed forum reorganization
May 07, 2013, 03:53:58 PM
Metal, Chasm -> Chasm

Commerce -> News

Audiofile -> Audiofile

Re: Proposed forum reorganization
May 07, 2013, 09:21:25 PM
Sounds fine to me.

May 10, 2013, 02:30:52 PM
Or should it be:

Metal, Chasm, Commerce -> Metal
Audiofile -> Audiofile

May 10, 2013, 03:20:57 PM
I like that better. Commerce doesn't have its own special emphasis and we have a more obviously metal related or metal specific discussion board.

May 10, 2013, 05:08:01 PM
I think the forum is fine as it is.

I don't think it is a good idea to mix the commerce section with the metal section. More in-dept music discussions would be buried between ''commercial ads''.

May 10, 2013, 08:55:05 PM
I think we need a place to put advertisements so it doesn't clutter legit discussion.  Unless you are suggesting we get rid of commerce/advertisement altogether?  That would be fine with me.  If I have license to delete posts that amount to "this is my band/store/release/facebook/youtube" then I would be game.

May 12, 2013, 01:43:27 AM
My unsolicited opinion:
Nuke chasm altogether.  People who want idle chatter can go to their social media pages.
As for Commerce vs. News, the following litmus test: is the band that's advertising/being advertised good?  If so, News.  If not, Commerce. 
Keep Audiofile as is, for obvious reasons.

May 12, 2013, 04:13:05 AM
My unsolicited opinion:
Nuke chasm altogether.  People who want idle chatter can go to their social media pages.
As for Commerce vs. News, the following litmus test: is the band that's advertising/being advertised good?  If so, News.  If not, Commerce. 
Keep Audiofile as is, for obvious reasons.

If the chasm is deleted, I don't think there will be much people who will remain on this forum, not that it has been really busy lately. It will turn into a generic metal forum sooner or later. On the plus side, I will have one  less reason to go on the internet so I will have more time to do something more constructive. :)

As for the commerce section, if we are to spend time filtering what's good and what's bad, why not just throw the bad away and leave only what's good? Do we need all the million bands of the week?

May 12, 2013, 05:58:45 AM
Chasm has already been nuked. What you see is post-surgical-strike-nuked. Minimal damage, see. And peaceful.
Now the families can come back out and lie on the beach, listening to - er - metal...

May 12, 2013, 04:16:31 PM
May I ask why a reorganization is needed?