Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Internet tax

Internet tax
May 07, 2013, 04:01:06 PM
(Despite the political topic, I view this one as non-aligned. Do you or do you not want taxes on products sent over the internet? Every distro, every bookstore, etc. will now charge you regular sales tax in addition to shipping, which may also be taxed. Think about it!)

Congress just got back from recess and is wasting no time trying to increase taxes and take your rights.

The first item on their agenda is to tax and regulate small businesses online by imposing an Internet sales tax on YOU.

And the Senate is set to vote on this big-government scheme TODAY!

That's why it's vital you call BOTH your Senators and tell them to oppose the Internet Tax Mandate.

(202) 224-3121

Right now, it looks as though this big-government scheme will pass in the Senate unless you take action to stop it.

However, even if the Internet Tax Mandate passes the Senate, you and I must continue to fight it in the House of Representatives.

But you and I can stop it TODAY by putting enough pressure on the Senate.

So please call BOTH of your Senators and tell them to oppose the Internet Tax Mandate IMMEDIATELY.

(202) 224-3121

Re: Internet tax
May 08, 2013, 12:34:09 AM
A nay vote means starve the beast. The beast is the surveillance nanny determined to keep regulating away reality in order broaden its appeal and to expand itself indefinitely.

This results in more stupid, inconsiderate, and irresponsible people around us who learn to rely on an intellectually inbred managerial class, a service economy, and a vampiric, treatment-oriented medical regime for everything.

People never fully grow up and they're unhealthy as planned because this type of population constantly spends in order to keep their wounded lives bandaged with counciling, legal aid, social activism, charities, and prescription drugs.
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

Re: Internet tax
May 27, 2013, 05:40:06 PM
If you've been too lazy to do anything about this yet Ebay has a new site up that will give you a pre-written letter and the addresses to all of your representatives.  It's slightly better than an internet petition so it is probably better than doing nothing.