Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Introspection.

Introspection.
May 21, 2013, 09:43:30 PM
Introspection.
Either you can do it, or you can't.
And if you can't, you don't even know what it is.

People often say it is impossible for anyone to be objective about themselves.
They can say this because nobody else exists for those people.
Such people see their own experience as the only experience possible. Their view as the only possible view.

When ego runs things, this is so. Ego is perfect. Or so it is convinced. There is nothing to adjust, or develop.
When ego does not run things, one watches one's ego, and rips into it, when it misbehaves.
So what is this 'one' watching one's ego?

If you have no soul, you do not know what soul is.
No words may describe it.
There is no way to know it without beng it.

The good news is that you may - at any moment - spontaneously birth your soul.
But to do so, you must have some interest in doing so.

Phoenix

Re: Introspection.
May 22, 2013, 03:22:26 AM
In my experience people who say it's impossible for anyone to be objective about themselves, they are full of contradictions which are blatantly false if analyzed with even the slightest bit of logic, and thus they have learned to ignore logic and truth in favor of subjective relativity.

May 22, 2013, 05:41:42 AM

Funnily enough, I was thinking about this very topic on my walk home tonight. I spend tons of time introspecting. I'm not quite sure what I'd do if not that. Probably something practical. I'll have to get back to you on whether or not I have a soul, though.

May 22, 2013, 06:29:25 AM
You have a soul. It shows. Now all you need to ensure is that you don't sell it :)

May 22, 2013, 07:09:14 AM
The greatest benefit of introspection is becoming aware of your own way of processing reality. You start to see the difference between what reality is, and what your own processing (interpretation) of reality is. Once you start to see the (often profound) difference, you can begin to interact with reality as it is, instead of just interacting with your own interpretation of reality.

If you are able to seriously doubt whether you have a soul, then you certainly have one! "Doubt is the beginning, not the end of wisdom."

I know I have a soul, but I'm not quite sure what that means yet.