Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Daddy issues

Daddy issues
May 21, 2013, 11:08:22 PM
Is this a real thing?

I'm suspicious because modern psychology is blank slate-based. It wants to believe that you are molded by environment for the most part. Talking about their daddy issues makes people feel so special. it makes them get stuck in their own heads.   

Why would somebody have daddy issues..why do people have issues? In my opinion daddy issues is a cliché label given to the deeply layered dysfunction of post-modern society.

We started out in tribes with a fecund r-type mating dynamic. The males would not be present in their children's lives, they were mostly hunters and breeders. They had no way of knowing which child was theirs so the kids were left to be raised by their mothers and grandmothers in the village. There was always a polygamous pattern with an alaphamale impregnating more females than all the other males.

Marriage and monogamy was something we moved on to incentivize all males to build civilization. Best way to do it that isn't slavery.

But why would people have issues with absent fathers if this is a kind of artificial system that tries to work around nature, but the nature remains the same. Did we perhaps evolve certain psychological patterns from the time when paternal investment became more important in cold temperatures. Did the Neanderthals have this?

Modern people with daddy issues seem to be so well protected from the reality of things until a divorce or something happens. Then they realize that romantic love is a fraud, and that nature itself is hostile.  They do all kinds of things as a reaction to that like drugs.

The role of the father in high investment K-type breeding is to get his daughter to become fond of the traditional family and then go on to have hers. With the boy he can pass on status, skills and teach him how to be a man. Is a father leaving too early  something that creates actual cognitive voids, or something that just shatters illusions in the mind of a child in its formative years before it's ready for nihilism and also disrupts incentives and values.

Re: Daddy issues
May 22, 2013, 12:51:23 AM
Daddy issues are just a euphemism for antiauthoritarian childishness. It never occurs to these adult infants to improve upon what came before and be a better leader than their parents were. Instead, they wallow in learned victimization fantasies and like all dutiful undermen, rail against any leadership whether poor or excellent.

May 22, 2013, 01:56:13 AM
Daddy issues are just a euphemism for antiauthoritarian childishness. It never occurs to these adult infants to improve upon what came before and be a better leader than their parents were. Instead, they wallow in learned victimization fantasies and like all dutiful undermen, rail against any leadership whether poor or excellent.

Well put.

Phoenix

May 22, 2013, 03:19:01 AM
While the term "daddy issues" shouldn't be used to place a certain condition on a pedestal above other conditions, as a descriptive title it helps to give a general clue in identifying the variables involved. While I agree that psychological conditions are understood and treated extremely poorly in this day and age, I see no reason to single-out 'daddy issues' as being a particularly severe condition nor as being a particularly exaggerated one.

There are male and female aspects in all of us, and in my view a good parental role-model of the opposite sex during childhood and adolescence is a decent, standard way of accepting and fully integrating the opposite-sex aspects of your own being. I would speculate that if women with 'daddy issues' are indeed often overly feminine then it's because the male aspect of their being is poorly integrated, or other times they may be overly masculine as a result of overcompensation.

May 22, 2013, 03:32:41 AM
What I don't understand is, if existing primitive tribes where there is no monogamy and children don't know their fathers have happy children, why doesn't Western society?
Does the void actually come from comparing yourself to others, other kids who had a dad show them how to ride a bike? What is to be said of all those missed experiences?
I can agree that the father in a patriarchy does shape masculinity and femininity in his children, but that is because more discipline is needed on top of their genetic femininity and masculinity. Patriarchy is a cooperative system that has to run smoothly through generations.
Probably the darkest thought that crosses my mind is how black children without fathers seem to be more okay than white people without fathers. I don't mean this in terms of their SAT scores or criminality, but in their general confidence. They seem to be keeping it together more than white children who crumble emotionally. White people are more prone to existential anxiety, perhaps due to higher IQ.
I don't want to consider the idea that certain races are biologically hardwired to be used to certain mating schemes, due to different hormones and future/present oriented thinking, and such. It's possible, but I'm just not ready to think about that.

May 22, 2013, 03:42:13 AM
Whites have no remaining mutual support system.
Everybody is against them, even (especially) their own kind.
Sort-of uber-victimhood.
This wouldn't be the problem it is, if there was anyone to explain that victimhood leads nowhere, so just eat it and smarten up.
But we whites positively celebrate victimhood, these days.

Phoenix

May 22, 2013, 03:46:00 AM
What I don't understand is, if existing primitive tribes where there is no monogamy and children don't know their fathers have happy children, why doesn't Western society?
Does the void actually come from comparing yourself to others, other kids who had a dad show them how to ride a bike? What is to be said of all those missed experiences?
I can agree that the father in a patriarchy does shape masculinity and femininity in his children, but that is because more discipline is needed on top of their genetic femininity and masculinity. Patriarchy is a cooperative system that has to run smoothly through generations.
Probably the darkest thought that crosses my mind is how black children without fathers seem to be more okay than white people without fathers. I don't mean this in terms of their SAT scores or criminality, but in their general confidence. They seem to be keeping it together more than white children who crumble emotionally. White people are more prone to existential anxiety, perhaps due to higher IQ.
I don't want to consider the idea that certain races are biologically hardwired to be used to certain mating schemes, due to different hormones and future/present oriented thinking, and such. It's possible, but I'm just not ready to think about that.

It think you're taking enormous liberties in comparing the environments and realities of primitive tribes with those of modern society. For instance how can you assume that women in primitive tribes are happier? Furthermore at the end of the day it's not all about happiness.

May 22, 2013, 03:54:51 AM
He's saying he doesn't understand. That isn't really taking liberties.

May 22, 2013, 04:05:26 AM

It think you're taking enormous liberties in comparing the environments and realities of primitive tribes with those of modern society. For instance how can you assume that women in primitive tribes are happier? Furthermore at the end of the day it's not all about happiness.
The women in tribes have kids, easiest way to tell if they're psychologically happy. Women are also okay with sharing men. Their kids.. how can they miss something they've never known? the societies don't seem to be producing sterile or insane individuals the way the West does.

I don't think making the comparison is as crazy as what psychology does with daddy issues. It actually convinces people that they're fucked up and chemically imbalanced because of their absent fathers, so they remain children until they're 40 and it's too late to make a legacy. Therapists who counsel rape victims do the same sort of thing. Those women remain victims for life.

"It's not all about happiness" an interesting point that modern liberal psychology wants to ignore. It doesn't actually go into the biological roots of people and examine their needs to see how they can achieve moderate happiness. It wants them to be happy all the time through external ways like drugs or borrowed self esteem while being sterile.

May 22, 2013, 04:09:21 AM
There are mommy issues and daddy issues, as a result of too much or too little attention given to the child. Without a father figure, girls turn out rebellious and feisty, using negative reactions to gain attention. Lack of self-respect is the end result.

Phoenix

May 22, 2013, 04:33:26 AM
The women in tribes have kids, easiest way to tell if they're psychologically happy. Women are also okay with sharing men. Their kids.. how can they miss something they've never known? the societies don't seem to be producing sterile or insane individuals the way the West does.

Hmmm, but in terms of survival of the fittest, happiness (and corresponding lack of 'daddy issues' as you infer) isn't necessarily an indicator of fitness. For example in some species after mating or giving birth one of the individuals dies, that individual can't be too happy about that, but it's how they propagate their species.