Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Uber-elite.

Uber-elite.
May 22, 2013, 05:09:38 PM
If you're gonna be part of a a group, and people almost always gravitate to at least one group, then why not belong to the most uber-elite group there is?
Its membership is the smallest, because almost nobody even knows what it is about.
It has no leaders, no hierarchy, and no headquarters.
Now that's a group!

It has only one ritual: to open one's eyes, in the morning, as if for the first time, and realize that one is still not dead, before smiling in gratitude to the Great Is.

Any group needs a name, and the name of this group is 'Reality'.

Welcome!

Re: Uber-elite.
May 23, 2013, 08:49:39 PM
The sort of 'mindfulness' I refer to, does not involve the thinking mind.
Which is why 'thinking people' are so utterly unable to grasp it.

NHA

May 23, 2013, 10:12:11 PM
Are you referring to (in the second comment) the feeling of loss of "self" where the barrier between you and your surrounding environment seems to dissolve?

May 23, 2013, 10:24:23 PM
I have long been aware that people sit and look at life from behind some kind of barrier.
They don't actually live it, first-hand.
It's like they are involved in watching/directing a movie, with themselves as the star. They act.
I don't do that. There is no distance between me and the experience. I am the experience.
But words fail to describe this.

If by "self", you mean 'ego', then yes. There isn't one. Or if there is, it plays a bit-part that doesn't count for much.
Barrier? No barrier. No filter. No lens. No insulation.
Reality, first-hand, directly connected.

Why do I always write online as 'crow' and only that?
No identity.

May 24, 2013, 12:29:07 AM
Living the situation before you think it.

Thinking is a devilish subtle thing. It has its use, but not as often as you might think. It's good if you have to solve a complicated problem - but most of the time, reality isn't a complicated problem. So why would want to treat it as such?

Thinking is a sort of doing. It's a reaction to reality. If you always think before you act, you end up interacting with your own reaction to reality, instead of interacting with reality itself. That's ego.

Ego is placing oneself in the center. It's the 'human mistake' par excellence: Acting as if reality is limited to what 'I' think it is. Many are so used to this, that they don't even notice doing it. It's a bad habit, and sadly, it makes bad company out of the greater part of humanity.

Reality, on the other hand, is unlimited. It can never be fully thought through. It is greater than anyone could ever imagine. If you keep thinking otherwise, you'll miss out on all its wonders.

So just forget about everything else, and join Reality. It's loads of fun, and it's totally free!

:)

May 24, 2013, 12:40:05 AM
Wow.
I've never seen anything, from anyone, anywhere, like that, before.
That is Reality.
I raise my hat to you :)

May 24, 2013, 01:04:43 AM
Thank you! It's a real honour hearing that from you, crow. I try to pay attention.

Reality always recognizes Reality as its own. A thing of wonder to the real person. :)

May 24, 2013, 01:23:28 AM
Reality is simple. you are present or you are gone.