Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Dumb-ass!

Dumb-ass!
May 22, 2013, 05:21:55 PM
What sort of dumb-ass doesn't know what the meaning of life is?
What sort of dumb-ass makes enemies of every potential friend?
What sort of dumb-ass judges everything it sees as either good or bad?
What sort of dumb-ass has opinions about everything?
What sort of dumb-ass knows all it knows from someone else?
What sort of dumb-ass doesn't even know what sort of a dumb-ass it is?

Hmmm...
Maybe Wikipedia will have the answer.

Re: Dumb-ass!
May 22, 2013, 07:02:05 PM
The REAL dumb-ass, that's who! Not some dumb-ass-pretender...
Now where's my remotecontrol...?

May 22, 2013, 07:12:21 PM
You know, to my eternal shame, I did try, really hard, for many years, to be one of the dumb-asses.
Everybody was doing it. Everybody but me. I really did try.
They're mostly all still doing it.
And still calling me a "dumb-ass".

But some things, you just can't pretend.

May 22, 2013, 09:25:36 PM
The real dumb-ass doesn't even try to be like the other dumb-asses - he just is.

He probably tries to 'just be himself' - which is exactly what makes him like all the others.

For a long time, there was nothing I wanted more than to be normal. I felt very socially awkward, and just wanted to feel at home among my peers. Little did I realize, that they were all trying not to be normal. That being normal was indeed something they feared more than anything else.

I never managed to fit in, of course. I was trying to be everything they feared to be - while at the same time actually being what they wanted to be. That was a strange realization!

May 22, 2013, 10:14:18 PM
I believe he wrote The Three Musketeers, right?  Alexander Dumbass.  Ah, excuse me that was Alexandre Dumas!

May 22, 2013, 11:19:26 PM
Close enough.

May 22, 2013, 11:33:16 PM
...I was trying to be everything they feared to be - while at the same time actually being what they wanted to be. That was a strange realization!

I see you have an intuitive grasp of the phenomenon.
It took me a long, long time to see it for what it was.

May 23, 2013, 05:27:20 AM
I think I might be a dumb-ass guys. Sorry :(

May 23, 2013, 05:41:15 AM
Even if you are, which seems unlikely, you would still pass on the last point.
A dumb-ass that knows he is one, is fine.

May 23, 2013, 03:06:28 PM
Cheer up, Corpse.

I'm the one who gave you a Wikipedia-link in the thread about archery - a classic dumb-ass move!

It's not about never feeling like a dumb-ass. Not about never acting like a dumb-ass either. It's about recognizing when you act- and why you feel like a dumb-ass, and then start working on not being one.

This is what the real dumb-ass is incapable of.

The real dumb-ass is one all to capable of pointing out the mistakes of others, while claiming never to have made one himself. He claims to know, without having experienced.

What a dumb-ass!

May 23, 2013, 07:37:21 PM
Well. I don't know how it came to be that you 'get-it', but you certainly do 'get-it'.
It is most delicious to know that, other than myself and my wife, there is someone, somewhere, that does.