Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Investor: billions to die over short time frame

Investor: billions to die over short time frame
December 09, 2012, 01:07:01 AM
Basically, Grantham thinks most of us are going to starve to death.

Why?

In part because we're churning through a finite supply of something that is critical to our ability to produce food: Phosphorus.

Phosphorus is a critical ingredient of fertilizer, and there is a finite supply of it. The consensus is that we will hit "peak phosphorus" production within a few decades, after which point our phosphorus supply will inexorably decline. As it declines, we will be unable to feed ourselves. And you know the rest.

http://www.businessinsider.com/peak-phosphorus-and-food-production-2012-12
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

Bullshit! No phospher is lost in a natrural eco-cycle, and thus the problem can be solved by spreading human feces, which are high in phosper.

By taking human feces out of the equation, ofcourse we have to find other sources.

...any yo boys seen dat mofukin P round here??

"What happens is not too surprising: the economy very fast chews up the environmental resources, depletes those reservoirs, resulting in a significant amount of environmental damage," Werner said during his talk. He is still finishing up the model, so no details on the inputs and the final simulations are available. Still, I asked him afterward to clarify if his model had answered his baseline question. Is Earth fucked? "More or less," he said.

http://io9.com/5966689/after-extensive-mathematical-modeling-scientist-declares-earth-is-fucked
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

So basically the key to the future is cow manure.
I follow my course with the precision and security of a sleepwalker

The key to the future is piss, shit, and rotting things.  Always has been: complete the circle of life, baby.  A few years ago I would pee in a jug and dilute it to feed to my plants when I had time to garden.  It did wonders.