Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Can I write part-time for DeathMetal.org?

Can I write part-time for DeathMetal.org?
May 28, 2013, 07:55:39 AM
I'd jump at this opportunity, had I any of those criteria met. Can articles be submitted without the author becoming a regular contributor? I think most of the people on these boards have one or two good articles in them.
Just a walking corpse.

I'd jump at this opportunity, had I any of those criteria met.

Which ones are you lacking?

Can articles be submitted without the author becoming a regular contributor? I think most of the people on these boards have one or two good articles in them.

Yes, send to editor -at- deathmetal.org with your name (see examples on site).

However, we need regular writers because random submissions tend to not occur when we need them most :)

Which ones are you lacking?

* Good writer

I don't think I'm that good a writer, but I've been told otherwise by some people. This is a little subjective, but I don't think I can write at the standard of this site.

* Weekly at least one article

I couldn't make an insightful article every week, but I suppose if this includes things like concert announcements or metal news in general, that wouldn't be too taxing.

* Knows good metal from dreck

I listen to some stuff that would probably earn me a curb stomp if this community met me. I started listening to metal, if you could label bands like Korn and A7X as that, about 4 years ago. My tastes have obviously evolved quite a bit since then, but remnants of that past still remain, and many bands loathed here I still don't see as being that bad, if at all. I definitely haven't been studying this music for as long as the rest of you, though. Considering that a review of Soilwork was recently released here, and justified as being a "gateway" album, I could maybe contribute something to that side of the site. (Don't get the wrong idea, I don't find any 3 of the aforementioned artists to be decent)

* Self-directed

I'm rarely directed by anything, but if I made the commitment I'd definitely stick to it, or at least make an honest attempt.
Just a walking corpse.

Most of what we do is report on the community in order to keep it alive. It doesn't require genius writing, but it does require consistency and commitment. Email for more info.