Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Are Nile any good?

Re: Are Nile any good?
March 11, 2005, 01:04:31 PM

I wouldn't dismiss it as such. It's not to everyone's taste I wouldnt imagine, but I actually think it is a refreshing change to what he's been doing with Nile as of late.

Though to be fair, being fucked in the ass by a rabid Mr T. also fits within these boundaries.

March 11, 2005, 02:32:28 PM
No. That argument is non-sequitur. If you don't like it that's fine, but you fail to make a convincing case.  

Anyone who wants to decide for themselves, mp3s are here:
http://shop.relapse.com/content/downloads.aspx?MediaTypeID=2

Again, I don't think it will turn the world upside down, but it's worth a listen.

March 13, 2005, 08:37:56 AM
Nile is an okay band. I liked Black Seeds of Vengeance. I think the problem that I have with them is the fact that I consider their vocals too low. I like bands like Krisiun better, since we're on the subject of speedy Death. Alex's vocals never quite descend into those completely indecipherable grunts. It's a problem I experienced with alot of the Incantation vocalists (tho i hail Dan Corchado!).
I prefer Coffin Text's early stuff to most of Nile.

March 13, 2005, 10:46:30 AM
Too bad Krisiun never wrote a new album since "Black Force Domain"...

March 14, 2005, 04:23:19 AM
Too bad Krisiun never wrote a new album since "Black Force Domain"...

I can't agree with that. To be fair, the only cd that went for more of a (welcome), Sarcofago-y Thrash metal sound was "Ageless Venous". The latter is an excellent album despite the awful sound.

Helix, I would definitely reccomend "Ageless Venomous" if you really believe there hasn't been anything new from Krisiun in 8 years.

May 29, 2005, 08:32:51 AM
Nile really never did me any good, but they are coming here sometime this week to sign their new album.

May 30, 2005, 09:28:27 PM
This style isn't my bag, but i'd recommend Molested instead.

May 31, 2005, 07:29:13 AM
The new one's better than anything they've released before (which isn't too difficult). I'm not sure just how good, yet.

November 20, 2005, 11:25:17 AM
one of the best bands out now

November 23, 2005, 03:59:24 PM
Nile have progressed downhill. If you want 'brutal' death metal, my advice is to buy Like an ever flowing stream by Dismember. It may not be as aesthetically brutal as other bands, but it's a MUCH better investment than anything by Nile.

November 27, 2005, 08:18:00 PM
I have seen Nile many times, I think they put on a pretty decent set, though they downplay the Egyptian atmosphere live. I like their albums a lot better.

chthonian

November 28, 2005, 05:18:06 AM
Nile (much late Hate Eternal), is talented and ultra fast, but lack in the art department.

August 10, 2007, 06:09:59 AM
Nile (much late Hate Eternal), is talented and ultra fast, but lack in the art department.

Ok I can live with that.  I was getting irritated by the anemic, "They suck" comments with no explanation.  I get rather bored of Nile, but I honestly can't say they suck.  Hate Eternal I think put out a pretty good album in I Monarch.  Good DM requires technical ability that is above average; HE definitely  have this.  I also believe they have a signature sound which does show creativity.  No ball cap leanings for these guys.  

August 10, 2007, 08:05:46 AM
THis band brutally sucks.They appeared in the age of metalcore bands, and because the themes and "brutality", they immediatly recieved the love of extreme metal fanboys.

August 10, 2007, 10:23:16 AM
THis band brutally sucks.They appeared in the age of metalcore bands, and because the themes and "brutality", they immediatly recieved the love of extreme metal fanboys.

So do they suck because of musicianship or because of their fans?  I myself don't rate a bands ability to create viable  Death Metal based on how many "hipsters" listen to them.   If your opinion is based on their music; what is it about their song structure, chord progression, speed, etc that you think "sucks"?