Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Achievements

Achievements
June 29, 2013, 04:56:39 AM
What are you proudest of?

Per item:

What did you overcome?

What did your background not help with?

What changed in you in the course of this accomplishment?

Re: Achievements
June 29, 2013, 06:43:25 AM
I'm proud of nothing I've done.
Just a walking corpse.

June 29, 2013, 07:39:20 AM
You seem proud of being a walking corpse.
Squawk!

June 29, 2013, 07:45:17 AM
I'd be happier to stop walking, but in some sense I think you've found some truth there, crow. I'd still not use that answer if a potential employer were asking me, though.
Just a walking corpse.

July 02, 2013, 03:44:56 AM
This question is harder to answer than it seems.

I have to say I feel some small progress on a personal level but that it is difficult to measure or see how and when it occurred exactly. One thing would be developing a greater sense of connection towards the earth and people in general which is a stark contrast to extreme LSD fuelled realizations of isolation experienced some 6-7 years ago.

On the whole I would feel very disappointed if I were to die now as there are still a great many things I intend to do and experience in this life.

I think if someone created a great album as opposed to some half-assed or poser album to leave on earth during their life this would count as an accomplishment of sorts.

Being able to sort trash from treasure is also an accomplishment as is the person that helps others see the difference.

July 02, 2013, 05:24:27 AM
I'm proud of nothing I've done.

Sorry to hear it. Wrong thread? I'd say so. We can start a psychotherapy thread.

"Help, I've fallen into Dostoyevskian moral abolishment and I can't get up!"

This question is harder to answer than it seems.

Is it?

Sometimes, it's too early in a life. Some of the best bloom late.

Others just end up burnt out hipsters posting on FMP. We commemorate them with flatulence.

You don't post there, so I think you're safe.

July 02, 2013, 08:27:41 AM
Yeah, my comment was out of place on this topic, and on these boards in general, as it contributed little, Get that damn self pity out of here! Really, I'm just trying to maintain some semblance of activity here, no matter how little it is (I'd decompose, otherwise).
Just a walking corpse.

July 02, 2013, 09:25:29 AM
Sometimes, it's too early in a life. Some of the best bloom late.

Hope this is true, and for the most part I think it is. More can be achieved with perseverance than with the 'live fast, die young' mentality. I've never been able to identify with that. People like Jim Morrison are a fluke. But at the same time one gets to a point where they must make it happen.

July 03, 2013, 05:19:08 AM
People like Jim Morrison are a fluke. But at the same time one gets to a point where they must make it happen.

Good point. Jim Morrison had a horrible relationship with his parents. That has a way of catching up with you when you hit 27, because when the image you have of adults is horrible and you can't imagine yourself as one of them, and because your childhood was paradoxical you can't leave it behind, you really have nowhere to go when childhood ends and so suicide or self-destruction become tempting options.

There's always one guy left behind holding a shovel, looking down at the fresh earth, thinking of potential evaporated.