Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Esotericism

Re: Esotericism
August 03, 2013, 08:13:45 PM
As another data point, there are a great deal of esoteric Christian paths to explore. Meister Eckhart springs immediately to mind. William Blake espoused a pseudo-Xtianity. On the modern lighter side you have "almost-not-Christian" Emerson, and a more hard line in C.S. Lewis.

And Huxley and the Perennialists, who are like a Vedic-Pagan-Christianity. This fits in with the hermetic principles of the only interesting Satanic group:

http://www.o9a.org/

Unfortunately, their documentation is... scattered.

Re: Esotericism
August 05, 2013, 08:25:44 AM
What does Satan represent?  What would happen if you worshiped that directly?
This was an extremely good response to Corpse. I also liked the "is our 'scientific' world really objective" bit. We are madly spiraling ever further into the formative strands of material existence, making tremendous and unbelievable strides in this direction. It is as if we feel a pressing need to flee the possibility that there are things we do not know. I have not thought about this enough to fully verbalize what I know, but there is something in our modern scientific approach that reminds me of drug addicts.

I'm sorry to hear about your bunny.
:(
Me, too. I am patiently dreading the day my dog dies. It will be one of the worst days of my life. That last sentence feels very strange to say. Knowing it so absolutely. Odd feeling.
HE WHO REAPS STORMS, SOWS WINDS. HE WHO SOWS WINDS, REAPS STORMS.

"It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart."
-Ecclesiastes 7:2