Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Yes, we know.

Yes, we know.
July 04, 2013, 01:23:13 PM
http://www.deathmetal.org/forum/index.php/topic,17237.0.html

Listen, team, there's two ways to live life.

One is to observe, formulate a plan, and look for what will complete that plan.

The other is to wander through, and when you encounter something that triggers stimulus, fire off a response.

I'm not saying either is bad or good, but the former is more effective and takes more effort.

Things that help: writing an article on how online bands are phoning it in.

Things that might not: harassing a spam account that will in all likelihood never return, and raising the level  of judgmental hostility around here in the process.

I'm not against you having the attitudes that you do; I think they need to be expressed carefully and effectively, instead of as a kind of embittered and burnt-out peanut gallery.

E

Re: Yes, we know.
July 04, 2013, 04:40:28 PM
how online bands are phoning it in.

They are, literally- that was the joke. I'm aware the restrictions of that medium wouldn't necessarily prevent anything good from happening. Anyway, point taken.

July 04, 2013, 09:10:34 PM
Understood.

July 06, 2013, 03:18:33 AM
I thank the mods for dealing with stupid bullshit threads promoting mediocre bands in the wrong forum.

Users here have the tendency to be bitter towards metal, but when bands like Krallice exist, you can't blame 'em too much, right?

July 06, 2013, 01:37:28 PM
Users here have the tendency to be bitter towards metal, but when bands like Krallice exist, you can't blame 'em too much, right?

One can't blame anyone for thinking metal has reversed itself, literally. Death metal bands now focus on getting along with other people and putting truth second; Gojira lyrics are considered "profound." Bands like Deafhaven call themselves black metal and make posi-vibe records like Sunbather. Why is this bad? One, it's the same New Age-cum-commerce we get in every other genre. Two, it removes what was unique about metal, which is its epic-historical perspective and worship of power, not socialization and good vibes.

The only issue is how this bitterness is changed into the will to do something about it. The anger threads to me represent jerking off into a condom.