Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Brutality

Brutality
July 19, 2013, 11:32:29 PM
Consensus? In the past, "Screams of Anguish" has seemed over-wrought. Recent listens have been more positive.

Re: Brutality
July 20, 2013, 04:20:53 AM
Excellent album! Florida'a answer to Testimony Of The Ancients.

July 20, 2013, 05:19:00 AM
When I found out about Screams of Anguish, I was quick to appreciate it - it's got a high degree of melodic prowess that particularly appeals to me. When The Sky Turns Black was much more recently acquired, and despite being wrought from the same formulas, hasn't grabbed me. I think I just need to give it more time.

July 21, 2013, 11:30:05 PM
Good stuff. Grabbed "Screams of Anguish" at a show recently (about time I had a physical copy). Definitely one of the more solid 'B' releases of the period. Excellent sense of melody by the lead guitarist as well.

Has anyone heard the new stuff? What do you think?

July 22, 2013, 03:16:30 AM
When I found out about Screams of Anguish, I was quick to appreciate it - it's got a high degree of melodic prowess that particularly appeals to me. When The Sky Turns Black was much more recently acquired, and despite being wrought from the same formulas, hasn't grabbed me. I think I just need to give it more time.

Shrine of the Master is an interesting track off their second album. Perhaps reminds me a bit too much of more recent tech-death, though. Otherwise, the first few plays haven't been too memorable for me too.

Good stuff. Grabbed "Screams of Anguish" at a show recently (about time I had a physical copy). Definitely one of the more solid 'B' releases of the period. Excellent sense of melody by the lead guitarist as well.

How do you think it ranks compared to the rest of the Florida scene? I've mainly been comparing it to "Imperial Doom", and it doesn't hold up quite as well, though still a rather worthy listen.

Anyone got a link to the old ANUS "mock review" ?