Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Dystopic Leftist Shithole [Canada] fines man for complaining about parasite

A Montreal man has been ordered to pay $8,000 to a panhandler after an email he wrote complaining about her presence outside a liquor store was deemed discriminatory by the province's human rights commission.
~
In the end, the commission ruled in the woman’s favour, calling the defendant's actions “highly reprehensible.“

It found that, through his email, the man had violated her rights and ordered him to pay the victim a total of $8,000 for moral and punitive damages.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2013/08/05/quebec-panhandle-saq-offensive-email-suit.html

Canada is pretty much the apex of PC rotten, after the UK.
Still, the guy who wrote the email was a bit over the top, and none too bright to imagine anyone would agree with him.
As they now say in the UK: "the truth is no defence".
When any society reaches that stage, it's game-over.

Here's the real villain here:

A customer service representative with the SAQ told the commission that he had seen hostile letters from customers before, but nothing like this one.

He consulted with legal services and was advised to contact the police. Montreal police said they couldn't take the complaint from a third party and that it had to come from the victim herself.

The SAQ then made the decision to share the letter with the woman, who was advised by the police to file a complaint with the commission.

They got the offensive letter, but in order to manufacture a victim, they showed it to someone who would ordinarily have never seen it.

Like you said, it's game-over at that point. Truth is optional and "human rights" trumps everything else.

I'm sure that a lot of leftists would defend her and say that the man deserve to be punished, but would they help her in real life? I don't think so. For them, it's the government responsability to take care of people like her. They would never give any money to them except a few dime to give themselve good conscience. They don't shelter beggars at their home. They surely put their parent in old people's home. But if someone want less government, he surely have no heart.  ::)

The 'guilty' party did not offend the panhandler.
He expressed his view of something that he was offended by, to the liquor-store staff.
The liquor-store staff decided to become offended on the panhandler's behalf, and reported the offensive email to the police.
The police could do nothing in the absence of a victim.
So they showed the email to the panhandler, and encouraged her to be offended, thus creating a victim.
Now the police could pursue the victimizer.
The newly-created victim set the price of being offended at $20,000.
The courts lowered that to $8,000.
This is modern utopia, courtesy of the left.

Things are more complex than most often would like to acknowledge. Somewhat predictable social "injustice". This whole thread is ridiculous. Canada is a shit-hole compared to... what?

Good question.
Canada was a world-leader in this field, for a while. Now it's absolutely normal, everywhere.
When does a shit-hole become not a shit-hole?
When everywhere is a shit-hole.

the victim's song

we are a bunch of leftists
we are a lot into positivism
but something's wrong: we are unhappy
because everyone is  not an hippy

let's bring others into our realms of sadness
We will not longer suffer from loneliness
How do we will acheive this paradigm
by creating a lot of victims

we will mess up with your mind
brigning issues were there's none to find
like oedipus complex and all kind of crap
until you become a poor sap

we'll tell you that your problems is society's fault
making normal people the villain by default
we'll call them fascist pigs
and transform something trivial into something big.

We'll tell you to sue those montrous beings
because we're not afraid ut lying and manipulating
everybody will pity you, boosting your ego
you will become everyone favorite hero

you will make a lot of cash with your case
You will spend it all in new age conventum or similar places
so you will need more and more money
so you will play the victim for eternity

That was hilarious  :)
Well done, O Lost One!

""This is the most extreme form of hate and discrimination that I have seen,” says Terri Duncan, with Children’s Autism Services in Edmonton."

Terri Duncan needs to get out more.

""This is the most extreme form of hate and discrimination that I have seen,” says Terri Duncan, with Children’s Autism Services in Edmonton."

Hahaha, clearly, I guess she doesn't know about the 1960s here in America? What a dumbass.

That letter is a bit extreme, but can't you control your kid? Autistic or not? Just 'cause they're disabled doesn't mean they aren't people - tell them to shut up when need be.

""This is the most extreme form of hate and discrimination that I have seen,” says Terri Duncan, with Children’s Autism Services in Edmonton."

Hahaha, clearly, I guess she doesn't know about the 1960s here in America? What a dumbass.

That letter is a bit extreme, but can't you control your kid? Autistic or not? Just 'cause they're disabled doesn't mean they aren't people - tell them to shut up when need be.

Forget the 1960s; there are towns within an hour's drive from me where you can't walk into a bar if you're black or hispanic. Or if you're a flaming queer. You will almost definitely get the shit beat out of you. And actually having the shit beat out of you by mouthbreather rednecks is more distressing than getting called nasty names in a letter by mouthbreather rednecks.

But for people like Terri, the bark is always the worst part; the actual bite is unthinkable.