Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pop culture's greatest (s)hits

Re: Pop culture's greatest (s)hits
August 18, 2013, 08:30:55 PM
This is one of the best trolls I've seen in a while. Man, thanks for the laugh.

lol its a troll account, check out his post history, they are all A/A+ trolls

August 18, 2013, 09:35:03 PM
That's one thing about forums that slightly disturbs me:
Multiple instances of one personality, each masquerading as something it is not.
Admins, particularly, are prone to this particular form of schizoid behaviour.

August 19, 2013, 12:11:00 AM
To be mastered, or fallen prey to.

It's a fine line between being able laugh and becoming and assassin!

August 19, 2013, 12:12:18 AM

Best trolls seldom realize they're even trolling!

August 19, 2013, 02:12:49 AM
Can't we all just hate things every once in a while?

We can, but hatred is difficult to keep in check. Anger is loss of control and ultimately fear is the primary underlying emotion at work. Better still is to identify the reason why we hate. The dysfunction of this current world runs so deep there would be no end to the amount of hatred one could feel if they were to give in to it.  It's also not physically good for the body. I try to bypass this emotion at all costs. Avoid contact with anything that triggers my non-constructive self. Easy trap to fall into though.

Insecurity leads to fear, and fear to hatred. To be mastered, or fallen prey to.
Great comment!

That is a great post, and I agree. I know all to well the process that hatred can unfold in a person. I experienced it as a teenager and am just now recovering from it. It's perfectly summed up in crow's comment. Within the context of this thread, though, I don't think it is that big of a deal. Post shitty music, laugh about it, and then go about your day. No harm done, really.

August 19, 2013, 02:51:31 AM
hatred can be like an addictive drug.

August 19, 2013, 02:54:47 AM
hatred can be like an addictive drug.

It creeps in and dismantles your decision-making processes before you even realize that the attack has begun. This is why most people suffer from faulty hate-influenced decisions over and over; it is just too scary to look back and admit to yourself, "That wasn't me making that decision; I let my guard down and need to be more careful or avoid those kind of situations in the future."

And yet here we are.

August 19, 2013, 03:17:24 AM
If hate is so bad, how come it gives great results with  (good) metal music? Maybe there's a noble hatred closer to love and determination instead of the corrupted ego driven hatred of mallcore.

August 19, 2013, 03:32:41 AM
This will be the last stupids songs I will post here for a while. I don't want to flood this board with craptastic tunes. :)

Robin Sparkles-Let's Go To The Mall' (full version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY_bhVSGKEg

Barney Stinson -Nothing suits me like a suit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzj2e3DPBVY

The Beatles -Yellow submarine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE0B5rYdy8I

August 19, 2013, 02:00:42 PM
If hate is so bad, how come it gives great results with  (good) metal music? Maybe there's a noble hatred closer to love and determination instead of the corrupted ego driven hatred of mallcore.

Very good question. I am glad you present it.

I blame vocabulary. Like "love", hate is one of those words that is applied too liberally; this results in diluted meaning. In my experience, love and hate in their purest forms are not just two sides of a coin, but the same motivating principle. Sort of in the same way we feel satisfied after a good fuck or a good meal. It is an intense drive to get something done, that is all.

It is different from the sort of hatred we refer to in this thread, which is a level of anger so high that it is too difficult to check and renders a person incapable of using their planning centers. Irrational and usually destructive decisions are made then. Like someone else pointed out, this reaction stems from fearfulness.

But hatred that does not stem from fearfulness is something else entirely, and is probably what you mean when talking about the hatred that inspires metal music. Good observation.

August 19, 2013, 11:52:34 PM

I blame vocabulary. Like "love", hate is one of those words that is applied too liberally; this results in diluted meaning. In my experience, love and hate in their purest forms are not just two sides of a coin, but the same motivating principle. Sort of in the same way we feel satisfied after a good fuck or a good meal. It is an intense drive to get something done, that is all.

It is different from the sort of hatred we refer to in this thread, which is a level of anger so high that it is too difficult to check and renders a person incapable of using their planning centers. Irrational and usually destructive decisions are made then. Like someone else pointed out, this reaction stems from fearfulness.

But hatred that does not stem from fearfulness is something else entirely, and is probably what you mean when talking about the hatred that inspires metal music. Good observation.

'Hatred' in good metal is love and reverence for the natural order. This comes in the form of disgust for modern society. Look at the Ildjarn discography culminating in the release of Hardangervidda, which is seemingly the complete flipside of the coin but doesn't it make perfect sense?

August 20, 2013, 02:54:45 AM

'Hatred' in good metal is love and reverence for the natural order. This comes in the form of disgust for modern society. Look at the Ildjarn discography culminating in the release of Hardangervidda, which is seemingly the complete flipside of the coin but doesn't it make perfect sense?

That is a solid description, thank you.

August 21, 2013, 02:08:27 AM

I did; agreed. Quite hilarious.