Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Disorder inspires imaginative ideas

Re: Disorder inspires imaginative ideas
August 15, 2013, 11:43:41 PM
I think what passes for creativity in this study is laughable. Creativity? Or emotional expression?

I think it's a symptom of a messy mind that has a moment here and there that seeks disorder to confuse them from their own internal struggles. Discipline beats valour every time. Nature itself favors order and the path of least resistance. Our very biological evolution depends on us having our shit together and not putting our shit where we eat/drink/think.

August 16, 2013, 04:58:05 AM
I would agree that order is the ideal. Though occasionally lapsing into disorder often inspires a greater degree of order in the long run, if the former doesn't get the better of you. As for nature, even disorder is part of its all encompassing order (like moments of dissonance in metal song construction).

August 16, 2013, 05:10:25 AM

Would love to be a fly on the wall in their studio!

August 16, 2013, 12:01:15 PM
I think too that the article might be confusing the process of work which can create the appearance of disorder, with constant disorder. I know that when I get into working mode and I have all of my tools out on the bench for a project (whether musical or not) it can look disorderly to someone who has no clue as to my methodology, but to me, it is in a known order of a relative sense.

So many variables!

Phoenix

August 16, 2013, 03:40:59 PM
Is there anything wrong with a 'human invention'?
I guess only when it suits one to say so.

The fact that tidiness is a human invention is in no way a source of my critique of it, as should be obvious to any half-witted reader.

August 16, 2013, 05:45:17 PM
Half-wits would probably be more easily impressed by your etchings than I am.
This, I remind you, is not a site for half-wits.