Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Representation of male feminsm

Phoenix

Re: Representation of male feminsm
August 16, 2013, 03:38:18 PM
Ha. That's a great observation. I am all for bullying. Having eaten a shitload of it, I am tougher than tough now.
I was watching a YouTube video about sniper training, earlier, and heard the advice of one who knows as:
"You have to view the enemy like: 'How DARE you fuck with me!'"
I've had that attitude since I was about 12.
Never, ever, give in to intimidation.

What an epitome of hyper-masculinity. Clings so hard to total power that he utterly dreads to lose it, begetting a self-fulfilling prophecy. No sense of peace, and in corollary, no conception of true fire; the most passionate dispassion requires one to take a step back, not to be flattened by uncompromising emotion.

Mental illness could well be described in this context, as holding the conviction that it is the individual's right to offend people publicly, and that any offense taken by the majority is offensive to the individual.
For some unfathomable reason, the leftist believes that only individuals should have their offense recognized, while if the majority registers offense, then it is suddenly not offense at all, but bigotry.

Bigotry or discrimination is something in action, something quite manifest, recognized, felt. Were it to cease then obviously offense towards it would also cease. Shut the fuck up with your god damn word twisting. The sad thing is the words are twisted in your own brain.

I am not aware of other cases.

Might want to fact-check.

August 16, 2013, 04:07:29 PM
It isnt hypermasculinity, just masculinity. Where does this narrative of insecurity come from?

August 16, 2013, 04:21:24 PM
Some people are so far gone that even normality appears dangerous.

August 16, 2013, 04:34:46 PM

Mental illness could well be described in this context, as holding the conviction that it is the individual's right to offend people publicly, and that any offense taken by the majority is offensive to the individual.
For some unfathomable reason, the leftist believes that only individuals should have their offense recognized, while if the majority registers offense, then it is suddenly not offense at all, but bigotry.

Bigotry or discrimination is something in action, something quite manifest, recognized, felt. Were it to cease then obviously offense towards it would also cease. Shut the fuck up with your god damn word twisting. The sad thing is the words are twisted in your own brain.

I am not aware of other cases.

Might want to fact-check.

To a sensitive or a self righteous person, everything can be perceive as discrimination or bigotry. May as well just commit mass suicide in order not to offend them.

August 16, 2013, 04:48:53 PM
This conversation has devolved into a Freudian minefield. Abandon ship. Women and children first, gays and trannies last.

August 16, 2013, 04:55:40 PM
No big surprises here. Transcix has finally come clean with his (her) effeminate, holier-than-thou, liberalist feminism, lashing out in catty spite. A stance that was clear to me from day one. Hooray.
He can depart forthwith, his goose being cooked.

August 16, 2013, 05:18:59 PM
Ha. That's a great observation. I am all for bullying. Having eaten a shitload of it, I am tougher than tough now.
I was watching a YouTube video about sniper training, earlier, and heard the advice of one who knows as:
"You have to view the enemy like: 'How DARE you fuck with me!'"
I've had that attitude since I was about 12.
Never, ever, give in to intimidation.

What an epitome of hyper-masculinity. Clings so hard to total power that he utterly dreads to lose it, begetting a self-fulfilling prophecy. No sense of peace, and in corollary, no conception of true fire; the most passionate dispassion requires one to take a step back, not to be flattened by uncompromising emotion.

And do what? Become someone who analyzes everything? Not all events in life allow for retrospection. The bully isn't going to wait while you reflect on the situation and not everyone talks things out. Grow some cajones and stand up for yourself. You sound like one of those wieners who went and tattled on the teacher all the time. Come on man, I've seen you post insightful shit, I know you're not this stupid.

August 16, 2013, 05:35:47 PM
Wrong. He really is that stupid. It amazes me that nobody else seemed able to see it.
He is a perfect example of one who masturbates with his brain to the point of becoming completely insane, without ever once being able to step back and self-evaluate.
Let this be a cautionary tale for any others who shun reality for the fantasy moonscape of the overactive mind.

August 16, 2013, 07:45:19 PM
There is a cautionary tale here alright, even with 100% disagreement with Transcix I dont think anyone here would ban him (ignoring certain history for a second, which preceded your arrival). I dont know why you have admin powers but a personality like you should not have them.

August 16, 2013, 08:07:28 PM
Now, now...
You've been doing so well, and contributing so much.
Why spoil it now, on account of the-one-who-vanishes?

Besides, I am interested in only one thing here: the thing I was tasked to do...
To round up a bunch of undisciplined minds, and apply to those minds a little discipline.
If those minds were better able to discipline themselves, I would be redundant.
And few things would give me more pleasure than to see this place in no further need of anybody to order it.
Most users, here, are well able to control themselves.
It is, and always was, only a very few that wreck it, with their out-of-control egos.

As the site-owner explained it to me:
"They need reminding that this is their place. And that shitting on it is not in their own interests".

August 16, 2013, 09:11:25 PM
There is a cautionary tale here alright, even with 100% disagreement with Transcix I dont think anyone here would ban him (ignoring certain history for a second, which preceded your arrival). I dont know why you have admin powers but a personality like you should not have them.

You know, I pondered this, for a while, before I understood what it was.
You don't think anyone here would ban Transcix? I wondered why you would think that.
Suddenly I realized why...

If you were an admin, which you aren't, you would be able to see that there would be likely consequences to publicly insulting an admin, accusing him of ridiculous personality traits, and swearing at him. After all, an admin can effortlessly click on the big, red BAN button. This is called Reality. It involves Consequences. Do this, you get that. Do that, you get this.
It's a concept that only a realist would intuitively understand, which is probably why you don't.
Anyway, I explained the rules to Transcix, and others, including you, very patiently, over some considerable time, prior to enacting consequences.
But as you can probably see, and agree with, my forbearance is usually a complete waste of energy.
The only thing that seems to get the message across is an actual ban.
And, for a realist, it's a case of 'whatever works'.

The site-owner knows me to be a realist, comfortable with consequentialism.
Which explains rather well, why I am an admin.
I trust your query is answered.

August 16, 2013, 09:55:22 PM
If I were an admin, I would draw usernames out of a hat every week and ban one at random so everyone would feel more priviliged to participate here.

August 16, 2013, 10:08:22 PM
Quite apart from the humorous irony in that statement, I consider it to be very insightful.
Your contribution is gratefully acknowledged :)

NHA

August 16, 2013, 10:09:45 PM
I have mixed feelings about this Hugo Schwyzer guy. Yea he seems pretty pathetic, but really, he was just manipulating a bunch of morons for his own profit.

I get the impression the site he wrote for (jezebel.com) probably fuels more misogyny than it deters.

August 16, 2013, 10:15:25 PM
crow I will leave it with this: You have constructed a belief of my thoughts and motivations without basis, as before. Your response is to say I dont understand this, or that, and you have expressed surprise when I have lived up to expectations of some sort. Why do you think I dont understand authority? I would reverse that claim; you dont seem to understand nuance, which is strange as you must know that authority is not simply a black and white category. To denigrate a king is different from denigrating the moderator of a message board with few members and a shared interest. An interest which you do not share, nor have any intention of doing, but that isnt too important as long as you appreciate it. Your approach is that of a prison warden instead of an elder brother. It has a stifling effect. Your mission will never be complete.

A demonstration of magnanimity would go much farther. This is the reason I do not think you should have admin powers, you are too much of a fringe personality and too caught up in this mission of sanitation. I am not saying there is a personal element here, but there is an outsider element to it. I dont have anything against you, regardless of what you think, and we probably share a lot more (in views at least) than you realize but I cant stay silent at actions I perceive to be against the ethos of this board, which I value.