Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Help Fund a New Obituary Album

Help Fund a New Obituary Album
August 13, 2013, 06:59:31 AM
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/unation/help-fund-a-new-obituary-album?ref=card

An interesting approach, not necessarily for obituary but perhaps for future possibilities in music. Bypassing record labels and, perhaps, bad trends?

But I doubt it. The reason why music is getting worse, according to Frank Zappa, is because labels are EVEN MORE hooked into trends as opposed to dictating to the market.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GowCEiZkU70

Re: Help Fund a New Obituary Album
August 13, 2013, 10:04:30 AM
The only significance of this is Obituary hitting a new low.

August 13, 2013, 02:29:06 PM
Kickstarter is actually a great idea. Like all powerful tools, the foolish people will abuse it to no end. But, for artists and musicians that make non-mainstream products, it works well because there are enough dedicated fans out there that are perfectly willing to submit a small amount of money to have more of that product that is unavailable otherwis (either because the artists would be forced to compromise on their product or be denied any funding in the first place).

Maybe in the future, useful and insightful research projects can get off the ground if an interested public considers them relevant enough to fund. I'm not a scientist or researcher but I know how difficult it can be to find funding for projects and how many potentially useful studies have been permanently grounded due to lack of funding (because funding comes from corporations, and corporations will not fund any research that runs contrary to their claims,which limits the types of research projects available).

Meanwhile, Obituary... Good luck guys. Probably just a funny coincidence, but didn't their guitarist go to prison recently for having a meth lab in his house? Maybe it was ex-guitarist... The guy who played with Death for a while? Anyway, they could probably ramp up some funds pretty quickly with meth production.

August 13, 2013, 11:20:38 PM
I think I'd rather give money to their cat charity instead. Obituary really went downhill fast after their second album.

August 14, 2013, 01:01:31 AM
maybe I will give them some money if the album title is: Meth-hall Xecutioner.

August 14, 2013, 06:19:24 PM
Maybe it was ex-guitarist... The guy who played with Death for a while?

That was James Murphy, who was on Cause of Death. The meth-lab guy is Allen West.

August 14, 2013, 06:56:31 PM
A upcoming song has already been leaked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTg3yTAK694

sounds promising  8)

August 15, 2013, 04:46:57 AM
See kids, drugs don't help you make good music.

August 19, 2013, 04:03:57 PM
Why would you want to fund anything after their third album? They've been on repeat ever since then.

Re-open the meth lab. They live in Florida for fucks sake, do you know how much money you can make with meth down there?