Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Revolt against modernism metal: Self Promotion yay!

Indignation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5d7Ytb-GtE (Death Thrash)

A Winter Lost: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBu5G_C_QRg (They have a horrible review of their first album in the Orthodox Black Metal zine, but this is the second album and it is more developed and inspired.) (Black Metal)

Ossuary Vault: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4js-9kVLxc (Black Death and Doom conglomerate but all composition written and inspired by Medieval Modal music and local folklore involving a graveyard with steps that lead into a pond.)

I produce and write everything too. I know there isn't that much respect for one man bands, or closet bands, but I have serious problems finding members that aren't devoted to ego masturbation, or using the occult to hide their lack of inspiration and self awareness. There are other samples on that youtube channel too, and there will be more as it is the official channel of my studio.

As for the studio I run a completely analog/vacuum tube setup and record my multitracks in digital, then master onto tape (if the customer wants it, usually yes) and then transfer it back to digital. I offer services in Remastering, and also different masters for different the different mediums of Tape, Vinyl, and Cd. I can also do post EQ's on Demo's and it usually transforms them in some way, in a good way.

Have a listen! Feel free to comment or try to rip me to shreds, I'm open to any discussion.

or not. After looking through the rest of this board it appears everyone ignores this section.

I have listen to your songs. I liked it. The Ossuary Vault track reminded me of the band Strid.

or not. After looking through the rest of this board it appears everyone ignores this section.

www.deathmetal.org/forum/index.php/topic,11199.msg57925.html

All pieces linked are exceptional in their understanding of the foundations of good metal. Ossuary Vault stood out, would relisten.

For criticism: they often do not travel far enough beyond a workmanlike excellence, towards catharsis. Find ecstasy, dwell longer in something beautiful.

All pieces linked are exceptional in their understanding of the foundations of good metal. Ossuary Vault stood out, would relisten.

For criticism: they often do not travel far enough beyond a workmanlike excellence, towards catharsis. Find ecstasy, dwell longer in something beautiful.

I understand that. All songs are samples from complete albums that have complex and interwoven concepts both musically, and thematically. Indignation and Ossuary Vault are coming out via Werewolf Promotion in Poland on a pro tape release and the A Winter Lost is coming out through Sun and Moon in Romania in this Autumn.

Glad you enjoyed the music.

www.sunandmoonrecords.com
www.werewolf-promotion.pl

Could you link some more material please? These are impressive efforts. As far as criticism is concerned, the Indignation and Ossuary Vault tracks seem to miss some of the concept of metal riffs. From a post on the front page:

...uses static riffing here, where a chord is used to sketch out a rhythm. This is different from the normal phrasal riffs of black metal and death metal, where chords are used as notes in melodic phrases that resemble the objects of their symbolic role in the song.

Now this does not completely apply to your material, which obviously comes from someone familiar with great metal, but the riffs themselves dont really extend beyond textural filler for each part of the song in these two links. In case you dont already do this, conceive of them as a melody and write longer melodies (not necessarily longer riffs though). An element of drama or theatricism is also missing, as Annihilation noted. Let loose a little bit.

Something I intuit, correct me if I am off base: I get the impression that you wish to create impersonal music, that isnt all me-me-me. I fear though, that in doing this you miss that great artistic experiences are of an internal phenomenology. You can be inwardly focused while not being personal.

Hmm unfortunately I cannot post anymore samples of anything other than indignation due to the pending releases. However, here is another sample from the Indignation fullength "Divine Resistance".

Youtube took down the previous link so here it is again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKzIo6f-CMY&feature=youtu.be

Boring as fuck, more like a revolt against fun.

Boring as fuck, more like a revolt against fun.

Eat raw onions like apples, bench press logs during a blizzard and then you might get into it a bit more. You just gotta put some more piss and vinegar in yourself.

Ossuary Vault sounds good, I will have more of a listen.

Ossuary Vault was the best of it yeah.

Indignation = Boring - humdrum - prosy Drums.

Winter Lost = 1.30 min is speed for the instruments for me. cool vocal.

Ossuary Vault is the highest note.

But the Drums or Drummer is the problem in the three.