Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

A way to save endangered European tribes.

A way to save endangered European tribes.
August 16, 2013, 11:00:13 PM
I was reading about the history and pagan religion of the celtic peoples today, specifically Welsh, Scots, Bretons and Cornish. These tribes all have one thing in common, they are subjugated by politically superior tribes, the English and French. Being realistic, in time whether it be a hundred years or a thousand, they will be effectively destroyed by the superior nation.

So I began thinking of solutions for these tribes I admire, and other cultures at risk as well such as the Basque and Estonians (independent but dangerously close to a very large and powerful nation) obviously one solution would be to give them independence, but the small population size and small amount of territory that got them conquered in the first place will eventually get them conquered again most likely.

I decided that the only way they can have an indefinite future is for them to migrate the the new world. They can migrate to places in the US and Canada (and perhaps Latin America too, as I believe that they will most likely in time be taken over and replaced by European-descended people anyway but thats another topic).

The best places would be places with large numbers of immigrants from those tribes already. Also another consideration would be to move to a place with a relatively similar climate to the place they come from, although that would not be absolutely neccesary. It would also be wise the avoid areas that already have strong European derived cultures like Quebec or Texas where they are likely to face strong opposition. Instead they might want to move to a cultural grey zone like the Midwest.

Obviously this would probably not be possible in the current cultural climate, but in the future when we return to a more natural view of race and nation it seems like it would be possible, even likely in my opinion. I also reckon that the US and probably Canada will collapse and certain areas will be up for grabs. Most of Latin America would of course be a cakewalk to conquer as well if they don't mind living in a place thats quite a different climate from their homeland (except Patagonia). Nationalists can get the ball rolling though by spreading the idea to their brothers and sisters.

Re: A way to save endangered European tribes.
August 16, 2013, 11:18:31 PM
Isn't this idea already known as multiculturalism?
Import hordes of people, because you admire them, displacing people already in place that you don't admire. Probably 'your own' people.
Maybe it's up to these admirable people to secure their own destiny, rather than trying to do it for them.
Anyway, I am a Celt. We are more adaptable than you seem to think.

August 17, 2013, 01:20:49 AM
Isn't this idea already known as multiculturalism?
Import hordes of people, because you admire them, displacing people already in place that you don't admire.
What? Of all the objections I could have thought of I didn't think my idea being multiculturalist would be one of them.

This is an idea of moving nations to places where there are none, as has happened many times before. The midwest and other areas in the Americas has no real tribe to speak of, no culture. The Welsh could move there and even if they took just one state they would have many times the amount of land they would have other wise and more room to grow their population.

And I don't mean they should integrate with the people already living there, that would be counter productive to preserving their culture.

And what do you mean by Celts are more adaptable than I seem to think? They could be the most adaptable intelligent people in the world, but nations like the Welsh are still eventually going to end up like the Cornish or worse because England has so much of a larger population and much more land. The Celts once occupied much if not most of Europe and their territory has been shrinking ever since, there is no reason to believe this trend is going to stop anytime soon.

Besides, the Celts aren't the only people in question here.

August 17, 2013, 01:32:16 AM
What about all those poor ol' midwestern farmers and Bible-bashers?
What do you think they would have to say about a bunch of nationalistic Welshmen moving into their patch?

It's a quaint idea, for sure, but there doesn't seem to be unlimited space to share any more, and people have always hated sharing, anyway. Especially land.
The only possibility I could see is some place like Antarctica. It's possible, given enough technology, but who would want to live there?
Or perhaps the deep ocean, on some kind of modular, submersible city.
The UN is going to have things to say about anyone wanting to move into anyone else's patch.
Still, you never know.

NHA

August 17, 2013, 07:12:38 PM
These tribes all have one thing in common, they are subjugated by politically superior tribes, the English and French.

Even ignoring the non-whites, France isn't very homogeneous. It's tribes have long since been subjugated, yet there are still very clear regional differences, not only in culture, but physical appearance. People from Bretagne look very different than those from Languedoc/Provence.

Frequencies of Haplogroup J2 in Europe, a possible genetic signature of the Neolithic migration

Then ontop of that you have roman expansion from the south (most larger southern french cities still have roman colloseums/aquaducts/temples/roads).

Then later viking settlement in Brittany mixing with celts.

August 19, 2013, 05:03:39 AM
These tribes all have one thing in common, they are subjugated by politically superior tribes, the English and French.

Even ignoring the non-whites, France isn't very homogeneous. It's tribes have long since been subjugated, yet there are still very clear regional differences, not only in culture, but physical appearance. People from Bretagne look very different than those from Languedoc/Provence.

Frequencies of Haplogroup J2 in Europe, a possible genetic signature of the Neolithic migration

Then ontop of that you have roman expansion from the south (most larger southern french cities still have roman colloseums/aquaducts/temples/roads).

Then later viking settlement in Brittany mixing with celts.
Not trying to sound like a smart ass, but I don't see what point your making. I know that the French have one of the most complex (and interesting) ethnogenesis in Europe but I don't see what that has to do with small European tribes migrating to the Americas. And ignoring that viking attacks don't mean viking admixture, the Bretons may have some Germanic ancestry, so? The Scottish have a lot of Germanic admixture too, does it matter?

August 20, 2013, 06:00:23 AM
The problem with this proposal, as I see it, is that it comes with the risk of taking these 'tribes' and turning them into living museums, arresting any natural, healthy cultural development they could have from more "natural" migrations. Perhaps a better solution would be to promote the virtues in question that make these cultures so tempting, letting in people who are willing to adopt a "Celtic" lifestyle and mindset (although given the amount of people who'd just want some tacky "ethnic" trinkets and maybe a few of the more easily consumerized holidays, entry standards would have to be exceedingly high).

If you want to resettle people and make new nations, you'll have your best luck in places where borders haven't been drawn, but in these days that basically means extreme environments. On the other hand, getting a few endangered tribes interested in and committed to oceanic or space colonization would benefit the species as a whole. Probably worth noting that I'm a technophile who figures that a few of the gimmicky inventions we've put out recently could be re-purposed towards socially healthier aims.

August 20, 2013, 03:57:03 PM
The problem with this proposal, as I see it, is that it comes with the risk of taking these 'tribes' and turning them into living museums, arresting any natural, healthy cultural development they could have from more "natural" migrations. Perhaps a better solution would be to promote the virtues in question that make these cultures so tempting, letting in people who are willing to adopt a "Celtic" lifestyle and mindset (although given the amount of people who'd just want some tacky "ethnic" trinkets and maybe a few of the more easily consumerized holidays, entry standards would have to be exceedingly high).

If you want to resettle people and make new nations, you'll have your best luck in places where borders haven't been drawn, but in these days that basically means extreme environments. On the other hand, getting a few endangered tribes interested in and committed to oceanic or space colonization would benefit the species as a whole. Probably worth noting that I'm a technophile who figures that a few of the gimmicky inventions we've put out recently could be re-purposed towards socially healthier aims.

I am very interested in this idea of oceanic colonization. Where does this idea come from? How do you see it working?

NHA

August 20, 2013, 11:13:47 PM
Not trying to sound like a smart ass, but I don't see what point your making.
These groups have already mixed into the larger society for several hundred years and still manage to keep a local identity. Its pointless freezing and isolating a culture for the sake of diversity and altering their geographic location accomplishes anything.

Quote from: Dinaric Leather
And ignoring that viking attacks don't mean viking admixture,

Rollo (c. 846 c. 931), baptised Robert[1] and so sometimes numbered Robert I to distinguish him from his descendants, was a Norse nobleman of Norwegian or Danish descent who was founder and first ruler of the Viking principality which soon became known as Normandy. His descendants were the Dukes of Normandy, and following the Norman conquest of England in 1066, kings of England.

After Charles was deposed by Robert I in 922, Rollo considered his oath to the King of France at an end. It started a period of expansion westwards. Negotiations with French barons ended with Rollo being given Le Mans and Bayeux and continued with the seizure of Bessin in 924. The following year saw the Normans attack Picardy.
Rollo began to divide the land between the Epte and Risle rivers among his chieftains and settled there with a de facto capital in Rouen. Eventually[when?] Rollo's men intermarried with the local women, and became more settled as Normans.[clarification needed]

Dunno how much DNA that actually contributed, but whatever.

August 31, 2013, 04:01:07 AM
The Celts are still going to be over ran but who gives a fuck. Pretty cool footnote in history though, especially considering all the cool Irish drinking songs Metallica covered.

No wonder you got your ass kicked. How about you really take some incentive to save your nation. What are you going to do about the English? Nothing because they are objectively superior if this thread is any indication. Like the fact that midwestern farmers might be upset makes a difference to you. You guys always go on about ancient values but fail to live up to their standards.

You guys are overthinking the issue if you think it's unnatural. How is anything unnatural when we really think about it? Humans are natural, what they do is natural. All the modern shit you guys bitch about is "unnatural" even though it is in fact very natural like everything else. If you guys think I'm a dumbass just say it cause it's natural. No seriously no sarcasm intended. You guys are all repressed faggots, just tell me I'm a moron if you think so.

PS you're a queer.

August 31, 2013, 04:07:48 AM
It's good to see someone who doesn't care about being taken seriously.
As for the Irish: Brett Stevens said it best: they are Neolithic.
Not a bad thing, really. Beats the crap out of what I've seen of 'modern'.

August 31, 2013, 04:26:09 AM
It's good to see someone who doesn't care about being taken seriously.
As for the Irish: Brett Stevens said it best: they are Neolithic.
Not a bad thing, really. Beats the crap out of what I've seen of 'modern'.
Does it really beat the crap out of modernism? Don't get me wrong, in a lot of ways a respect the Celts, hence this thread but seeing as how for the past millenia at least they have been beaten back to smaller and smaller territories I don't hold high hopes for them. But if the English have been beating the fuck out of them for 1000 years its hard for me not to consider the English superior.

PS I really respect you man, I'm so pleased that you responded to me nearly instantly. You have a way with words I don't yet have.

August 31, 2013, 04:59:07 AM
The Celts are a different bunch, overall. Independent individuals but generally without the ego burden.
This is, obviously, not always true, but more often than not it is.
Give an Irishman a potato and a Guinness and he's happy enough.
That's Neolithic.
He'd be overjoyed if, on top of that, he had a stone axe to dig holes with.
What's not to admire?

August 31, 2013, 03:23:33 PM
Well.  I'm not Celtic, I'm Scandi and I can tell you that there are many organizations that link Norway and America.  There is the Norwegian American Genealogical Association, the Norwegian-American Historical Association at St. Olaf College, the Norwegian American Genealogical Center and Naeseth Library, Sons of Norway, and the Vesterheim Museum in Decorah, IA.  There are Syttende Mai celebrations, Nordic Fest and all types of gatherings with Nordic theme that happen in America, mostly midwest and northwest.  You can also join Bygdelag.  Bygdelag correspond to what fylke (or county) you ancestors came from in Norway.  I have recently traced several lines of my ancestry back to their farms in Norway.  And there is the Bygdelagenes Fellesraad the organization that encompasses all of the bygdelag together.  All of the bygdelag and the fellesraad have annual meetings.  Usually there are classes and speakers on rosemaling, hardanger embroidery, bunads (traditional Norwegian dresses) traditional dance and music, Stave style churches, mythology, the American frontier experience etc. etc.  It is my impression that although these subjects and organizations might not be particularly popular, the people that do get into it, really get into it.  They are passionate and when you get bitten by the genealogy bug you keep coming back.

SO...these things are out there!  They are NOT DEAD!  I'm not sure if other groups such as Celtics are this organized here in America or not.  I wouldn't be surprised if they are.  If you want a real angle, I would ingratiate myself into some of these organizations and go from there.  It might sound boring and you might have to socialize with old people, but this is the form that heritage takes.  It's kind of old fashioned.  It also strikes a good balance between "mainstream acceptability" and authentic heritage.

I see a real desire and interest in European heritage bubbling just below the surface everywhere!  It's just waiting to be unleashed!  Do some searching on the internet, put your nose to the grindstone, and ingratiate yourselves into this kind of thing.

What do you have to say to that, Dinaric?

September 08, 2013, 02:05:58 PM
Why focus only on European tribes? We're about to lose biodiversity worldwide.