Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Remember the Fallen

Remember the Fallen
August 17, 2013, 07:16:50 AM
A group called The American Muslim Political Action Committee (AMPAC) is planning a one million Muslims march to Washington D.C. on September 11th.
~
"On 9.11.01 our country was forever changed by the horrific events in New York. The entire country was victimized by the acts done on that day. Muslim and Non Muslim alike were traumatized but we as Muslims continue 12 years later to be victimized by being made the villains. To this day every media outlet and anti Islamic organization has committed slanderous and libel statements against us as Muslims and our religion of Islam.
~
These lies told to the American population has made it impossible for us to do true Dawa. Why do we have to defend our religion while doing Dawa? Why canít we just share the perfection of the Quran and the beauty of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SWS)?"

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/08/15/Million-Muslim-March-Planned-in-DC-on-Anniversary-of-9-11
Liberalism is moral syphilis.

- Jonathan Bowden

Re: Remember the Fallen
August 17, 2013, 08:03:02 AM
Ha. They think the Fed is "their government".

August 17, 2013, 08:28:05 AM
Muslims are attractive to leftists because they're eager to immigrate here and contribute to multiculturalism. However, leftists aren't too fond of actual Muslim culture are they?
Liberalism is moral syphilis.

- Jonathan Bowden

August 17, 2013, 03:22:30 PM
Muslims are attractive to leftists because leftists fetishize the other. America and Canada seem to attract a particular breed of liberalized muslim that other places do not, the second generation of which invariably goes astray. I have seen a lot of commentary on sites on the right that talk about Muslims and liberals, but I dont think some understand that Muslims are also susceptible to the values of liberalism. Liberalism should be understood as a limited moral system per Johnathan haidt, and any belief can be shaped by its lens. Though a global phenomenon this is much worse in the West. One of the Boston bomber news reports noted that Tamerlan had an outburst at a mosque where the imam brought up MLK as some sort of positive example. To put it lightly, this would not fly elsewhere.

Liberalism is a global phenomenon, in fact it is the global nature of it that makes it so terrifying. For the first time ever, we live in a world that is globally interdependent (and not just in finance) to an extreme degree. What will collapse look like in such a world?

August 17, 2013, 04:28:36 PM
''Why canít we just share the perfection of the Quran and the beauty of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SWS)?''

The Coran is far from perfect and what beauty there is in the prophet? And is ti not idolatry to worship human for muslims?

Maybe they wouldn't be the villains if Islam hasn't tried to conquer the world since in its inception. The world don't need their Dawa even if it's better than liberalism. We already have paganism, christianism, indouhism, boudhism where we can take traditional elements to improve our society so we don't need any newcomers especially when they try to convert us.
 it may have worked in middle east, but it's not for the rest of the world especially in the west. Even there, arabia, Iran, Lebanon , etc had already a flourishing culture before islam thanks in part to Egypt, India and Grece so I don't think Islam has done anything good for that part. What islam has brought mainly was the unification of warlike tribes so they could conquer neighbouring countries instead of fighting each other. It's the same principle has the mongols, expect of having an Genghis khan, they have their Mahomet.

And for leftist muslims, it's no wonder that they come to Usa or Canada, they are not welcome in their own countries so they go to places where  they will not be percecuted and where they can share some values.
ďIt is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.Ē -Krishnamurti

''I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.''  -Hippolyte Taine

August 17, 2013, 04:53:40 PM
Paradoxically, Muslims have a lot in common with leftists:
"Why can't we have everything, and everything the way we want it?"

Squawk!

August 17, 2013, 05:08:53 PM
Paradoxically, Muslims have a lot in common with leftists:
"Why can't we have everything, and everything the way we want it?"

That's the main reason I don't like Islam.
ďIt is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.Ē -Krishnamurti

''I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.''  -Hippolyte Taine

August 17, 2013, 05:28:17 PM
I've long held the view that any God who depends upon his followers to carry out his work, is a very suspect God.
And that any follower that wants, needs, or desires things, is a very suspect follower.
Squawk!

August 17, 2013, 07:56:50 PM
This is not how Muslims think as a group. Do not rely on the media for your impressions, it has an agenda of its own and leftists within the midst of Muslims automatically become minor celebrities of a sort. Islam is no friend of the West, but the behaviour of African, Middle Eastern and South Asian immigrants would not be much different if they were some other religion. The Muslim world is in a very poor state at the moment, but it is also far from Islam.

August 18, 2013, 02:43:13 AM
I think itís difficult to apply some blanket generalization to Islam as it is full of splinter groups much in the way that Christianity is (though probably to a lesser extent).  Itís also not a dead religion as Christianity largely is in the hearts and minds of the general population. Not sure about The Muslim World as such but I did live in Malaysia for a time and found the religion to have a fairly positive effect on the people (positive in terms of adherence to tradition, mental discipline, and a greater degree of interconnectedness within families etc). They also seemed very tolerant of large non-malay/non-muslim populations that had migrated there over time. Of course this isnít where the religion originates and it would have to exhibit some degree of assimilation into the traditional pre-Islamic beliefs and collective psyche of that population as a whole. Muslims defecting to the west are another kettle of fish altogether.