Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Superior? To what?

Re: Superior? To what?
August 21, 2013, 02:07:35 AM
Art never showed me reality. Reality did.

Art nowadays has lost direction, but art in the past has inspired much which is worthy of appreciation and has lasting value.

Humans are superior to animals in some ways, and vastly inferior in other ways. No sense in favoring one way or the other. As of right now though we are obviously the biggest threat to this planet's stability.

August 21, 2013, 01:06:03 PM
Not only the mind I think but the whole organism, if I'm not mistaken we get sick way more than animals and we're the ones who need most care and protection as babies.

Where did you hear this? I would not be surprised hearing that modern, Western man is prone to illness... (though, what specifically is meant by "sick"?) but what of ancient man? Is it our special, social build which enables the proliferation of [viruses]?

That's exactly why I did not state it with more certainty: I don't know about other types of man (ultra ancient or contemporary but isolated like isolated tribes with little or no contact with others).

NHA

August 21, 2013, 06:37:52 PM
Superiority requires some form of criteria, which the ego often conveniently forgets to include.

Various microorganisms seem able to adapt to environmental changes the quickest.

August 22, 2013, 12:01:18 AM
Humans could be almost as good, but for that idiot ego.

August 22, 2013, 01:09:02 AM
I think the majority of university "educated" people are pathetic creatures. They think they are the best they can ever be already due to the false sense of superiority imprinted on them by the academic systems for merely thinking the correct things. That's why everything sucks nowadays, because no one is aspiring to be better than themselves because their ego's are more important than reality.