Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Scalpel

Re: Scalpel
August 20, 2013, 03:24:57 AM
Good goddamn, that drumming is obnoxious even to me. The technique is nicely flowing, even organic I would say, reminding me of Cryptopsy. Normally this level of brutality is too mechanical and grinding for me to really feel but I will delve into this a little bit because it reminds me a little bit of Autopsy. Maybe I have not been exposed to enough DM like this to be readily absorbed into the mood.

Any other recommendations along these same lines?

August 20, 2013, 08:20:56 PM
They are able to inject a coherent sense of melody into the style, some it almost sounds black metal. It is a very annoying style though, needs to be scaled back a lot.

August 21, 2013, 08:57:14 PM
Checked out some more of the album, really not impressed (only the first link in the post stood out to me and not much else has made an impression) but it definitely rises above its contemporaries. I think it would be worth a front page spot with some expouding on this style, its origins and problems.

August 26, 2013, 11:08:27 PM
Sounds like Inveracity or Pyrexia mixed with a black metal band. Not bad, really. I'm going to keep listening, it actually reminds me of Gridlink at points.

August 27, 2013, 03:43:45 AM
This is one of the better things to cross our desks recently.

Humanicide, and others, do you remember any other death metal we've liked that's new to the 1999-present time period?

I have trouble recalling many if any. Acerbus, sure, but after that?

August 27, 2013, 04:02:22 AM
Humanicide, and others, do you remember any other death metal we've liked that's new to the 1999-present time period?

I have trouble recalling many if any. Acerbus, sure, but after that?

It depends on what you mean as "we've liked", your agency is ambiguous. Offhand: Disma - Vault of Membros (and semi-recent Deeds, Immolation), other bands featured on DM.org front page.

Reminds me of a less explosive Monstrosity. Excellent craftsmanship - the overbearing style falls away once you get acclimated to the production. Their live performance is interesting. Material described as "three years in the making".

August 27, 2013, 03:41:17 PM
Besides the above mentioned: Blaspherian, Winterwolf, Cruciamentum, War Master, Vallenfyre? I ended up disliking it personally. If previously active bands count then Enthroned is the Night, latest Cianide maybe.