Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

A.D.

A.D.
August 22, 2013, 04:47:22 PM
The mind finally stops. Then what?
That depends.
Did you create anything useful, in life? Anything that would outlive you?
Did you give birth to, successfully raise, and set free a soul?
If you did, you are - literally - laughing.
The soul is you, and you it.
Now it is everywhere. Always.
Not 'you', but far more than 'you' ever were.
Your own, unique, essential contribution.

Or did you produce nothing?
Oh well. Lights out.

Squawk!

Re: A.D.
August 24, 2013, 12:26:26 AM
could immortality in religion be just the values/stories/traditions you pass on to your loved ones (so you technically continue to exist in an abstract realm) and also your part keeping the church alive?

August 24, 2013, 02:49:50 AM
No.
That is one way of looking at it, for sure, but immortality is real and possible.
It does not apply to the identity, though. That is definitely mortal.
Squawk!

August 24, 2013, 10:18:13 AM
That is one way of looking at it, for sure, but immortality is real and possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hDtHjksVNw

August 24, 2013, 05:35:34 PM
Haha :)
I thought he got eaten by the Alien, but maybe he didn't, after all.

Squawk!

Phoenix

August 24, 2013, 07:48:24 PM
No.

Since I have a fairly specific understanding of this issue, and I see falsehoods about it chronically perpetrated by vagueness, I like to be clear. (Not to say the falsehoods are by you, but in the world in general!)

In your view, surely must some identity beyond the ego not remain? Identity in the sense of individuality. In the sense that if there is oneness, and you are a part of the oneness, then the oneness obviously can't be completely unadulterated, rather there has to be divisions lest you not be part of it in the fist place - a unity is only a unity with a healthy variety to unify in the first place.

August 24, 2013, 08:56:34 PM
Identity does not survive. It is entirely superfluous in the A.D. context.
Enlightenment is a way of previewing this: even in the absence of physical death, one may not attain enlightenment while carrying an identity.
Eye of the needle.

The idea of unity (and it is an idea) is non-applicable here, because no other state can exist but oneness.
Even a crow knows this, while humans see themselves as 'individuals' separate and apart.
The difficulty you, and everyone else, has with all this is your using mind to grapple with what is beyond mind. The mind makes a hash of it, because it is unable to grasp anything beyond mind.

A granite mountain remains that, if it loses one molecule of granite.
Yet it is diminished by the loss. While the lost molecule is nothing.
It certainly is not a granite mountain, or can ever become one.
Yet it remains granite.
It has no identity, beyond what it is.

Squawk!

Phoenix

August 24, 2013, 09:23:16 PM
I understand perfectly what you're saying Crow, but why do you not state more clearly that individual immortality is impossible in your view? Why do you say "immortality is real and possible"? What do you wish to express by such a statement?

Do you believe that some part of you, a part without identity, is immortal in a way that's to some extent separated from everything else? How do you define this separateness, or do you not presume to do so at all?

August 24, 2013, 09:27:43 PM
I don't 'believe' anything.
I observe my own experience and report what I experience.
Reporting must rely on words, yet words can never clearly report it.
The missing ingredient is supplied by the reader/listener.
Curiosity, a sense of awe, wonder, mystery...

I would consider that the idea of 'identity' as understood by living beings, simply does not apply A.D.
Squawk!

August 24, 2013, 09:55:19 PM
By your semen, you can create light-bodies which will resist time... if you're strong.

The semen in earth is the result of a trans-terrestrial inteelligence manifesting itself on the physical plane.

Christ is Semen. Chrestos mean semen
You're quite hostile.

I got a right to be hostile, man, my people been persecuted!

August 24, 2013, 09:56:55 PM
Ah. I had been wondering about that very thing. Glad it's been cleared up!
Squawk!

August 24, 2013, 11:50:35 PM
Incidentally, I had, in fact, been reflecting upon sperm, and its similarity to unenlightened vs. enlightened humans, just the other day. Very, very few seeds, no matter their potential, end up becoming viable.
Usually, only one, per generation.
I had a view, for many years, while being put-upon by the millions, that millions of people couldn't be wrong.
But now I know that millions can.
Squawk!

You're quite hostile.

I got a right to be hostile, man, my people been persecuted!

August 25, 2013, 05:25:31 AM
I don't know anything about him, except for the things everybody knows, via the media.
But I don't imagine I'd want him around my place, though.
Squawk!