Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Origin of Universe

Origin of Universe
September 11, 2013, 04:23:19 PM
For you, how the universe has been created?

Re: Origin of Universe
September 11, 2013, 04:29:23 PM
For me: why would I even wonder?

September 11, 2013, 04:51:53 PM
maybe the universe has never been created. It was always there but in a different form.

September 11, 2013, 05:32:36 PM
Lost wanderer is correct.

To find out more, see the major bulk of physics work since the 1980s.

The real question is; what comes next?

September 11, 2013, 09:03:59 PM
What's a 'universe'? A name we apply to something, of which we really don't know anything.

'Creation' is the myth that comes along with this naming.

So for me, the universe was created by the myth, that we can name something that has no real name.

September 11, 2013, 10:05:52 PM
Yay! Verse One: taoteching. Love it :)

September 13, 2013, 10:22:08 PM
For me:
  There the big bang, and the crush band, after the crush bang, the big bang happen again, creating a infinite time circuit. This is the core of my theory. I stop believe in christianity and this kind religions because there a lot of lies, and I get boring of change my religion. For me, the universe is the truth god, the big and crush bang are the sub gods, they control the time. Maybe this is a bad example, but, in a episode of Futurama, Bender was launched by the space ship and he get in a infinite derivation in high universe, he find a star that talk with him about the universe. For me, this star is "God". Don't you think that our creator was not a human? Why he should be. There more than humans "here". Humans are too idiots, they only look at they.

Sorry, I'm really bad at english, I'm Brazillian.

September 13, 2013, 10:53:33 PM
Probably the first time I've seen a reference to Futurama on this forum.

I've never been able to see why the universe needs a creator. Infinite regression and all that.

I prefer to think of it as eternal.

September 13, 2013, 11:06:48 PM
Probably the first time I've seen a reference to Futurama on this forum.

I've never been able to see why the universe needs a creator. Infinite regression and all that.

I prefer to think of it as eternal.

Yes, isn't not a creator, it in fact is eternal, but metaphorically, for me, god is equivalent to the universe.

September 14, 2013, 02:39:27 PM
Reality is the whole universe, the way it works, the power, the danger, the miraculous, the glorious.
It can never be known, or understood. It is beyond control. It gives birth to all things.
There's a God worthy of the title.
I bow to it, willingly.
It owns me.

September 15, 2013, 02:17:14 AM
You think so, crow, but why would humans be so compelled to judge their observastions by empirical data and make effort to understand the mechanics and history of the universe?

Do you think it's a hopeless endeavor and a really long-term distraction?

I would think, just because it is so ingrained in the human psyche to wonder and explore, that there is a more profound reason to explore or discoveries and to keep wondering about new conclusions and their implications.

September 15, 2013, 08:38:22 PM
Humans often feel compelled to ask questions that need not be asked.
Therefore needing answers unnecessarily.
Much of their lives are sidetracked in this way, removing attention to the actuality of what is, in favour of why it is.
This would be fine, and quite useful, if humans had more self-control, but since they so often don't, it gets to be a huge and completely unnecessary problem.
This huge problem is known as 'science': the perversion of a useful human trait into their own undoing.