Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Blasphemy

Blasphemy
September 16, 2013, 11:13:28 PM
Since we are on a metal forum and blasphemy is a part of metal, let's talk about it. I must confess that altrought I'm on a spiritual path more on the ''light side'' so to speak, from times to times I revel in blasphemy. I don't know why exactly it is so. Is it because I have an ''evil'' part in me? One of the reason I do it is because I want to bring down Iwhat I consider to be false Idols. But sometimes it's just wild, youthful ''pleasure''. Absurd had put it quite nicely:

''Straight on through the gates of heaven
Evil will destroy the souls
Where's your saviour, where hides Jesus
Why isn't he at war against us

Darkness around us was so sizeable
Black blood running through my veins
We know: what we did was unacceptable
But our hearts were by evil love chained''

What would be the role of Blasphemy in the scheme of the spiritual world?

Re: Blasphemy
September 16, 2013, 11:21:22 PM
The heretical anthropocentricism of some contemporary denominations deserves irreverence if not blasphemy. Also, it's a way to remind us that without the evil, we couldn't know the good for comparison. Listless bliss without the notion of options has been critiqued in literature.

September 17, 2013, 01:15:41 AM
What would be the role of Blasphemy in the scheme of the spiritual world?

A reminder that all interpretations are mankind's formulations.

"If you meet the Buddha [blocking] the road to your objective, ...kill him."

September 17, 2013, 01:45:15 AM
''We knew what we did was unacceptable
But our hearts were by evil love chained''

I think that's my all time favourite black metal lyric.

September 17, 2013, 09:06:40 PM
Recently over in the Metal board I was introduced to Lykathea Aflame, so I bought their album and listened to it last night while reading the booklet. I have to say the lyrics threw me for a loop way more than Slayer or Deicide lyrics did. Maybe I'm more of a natural Left-Hander but blasphemous lyrics don't do anything for me. They are really only relevant due to the current social norm. I keep references to Christianity completely out of my own lyrics and stick to subjects like mortality and more alien concepts of physics and perception.

September 18, 2013, 09:27:07 PM
Maybe I'm more of a natural Left-Hander but blasphemous lyrics don't do anything for me.

They were cool when they were Miltonian, like early Slayer.

Then it just became repetition.

Metal chased the wrong bogeyman. Should have gone after the Crowd itself instead.

Religion is just what people make of it. An idiot will ruin any good religion; a genius will make any religion into a vector of light and hope.

September 18, 2013, 09:51:47 PM
Secular humanism as Christianity:

September 19, 2013, 01:30:19 AM
You can't blaspheme modernity. It's endless whore. Well, there is one way. To say that the self isn't the end-all be-all. But that freaks people out and they call you a nihilist.

September 19, 2013, 05:56:35 PM
That's what I would call innocence :)

Modernity thinks it's Satanic not to think exclusively about ones own self. In these times, people have forgotten how to wonder at the world.

September 21, 2013, 04:31:59 PM
Blasphemy is what the christians did with the pagans, I think that now is our turn to revenge the ancients.