Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Iconographic difficulty of nihilism

Re: Iconographic difficulty of nihilism
September 21, 2013, 03:54:54 AM
I'd hate to distill it down to something like Ayn Rand's ideas which ultimately smack of that counterfeit nihilism more properly called fatalist. The notorious live for today flower child mantra is just a restatement of the same.

Still, the practice of civilized ruthless selfishness, whether aggressive or passive, remains a variation of tooth and nail. Social Darwinism is the result, but that type of selection isn't what brought us this far as a species. It was natural selection that benefitted us across the ages.

But no political philosophy would deliver us into a way of life red in fang and claw. All of them are versions of civilizing, pushing us into a sort of collective refuge, to our detriment according to various sources, from natural selection itself.

So it would seem that an anti-political philosophy would be in order, but I believe even that would miss the essentials of nihilism and therefore couldn't be derived from it. I could be wrong, but in effect, you just can't get political theory from nihilism as it has been described for us.

Nihilistic reply intended  :)
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

September 21, 2013, 11:34:09 AM
NIHILISM
The Logical Nor

Looks kinda like buttocks on a xerox-machine.

September 21, 2013, 04:30:24 PM
nihilism is a tree.
From Brazil

September 21, 2013, 04:49:44 PM
Degenerate desecration of sacred symbols.

Blasphemy is easily compatible with nihilism.

Doesn't mean it should be supported.

why not?

symbols are not real life after all. I have more respect for a tree than for the representation of Jesus as a symbol.

I don't like degenerate art, regardless of whether it's serious or satirical.

I am convinced the pagan runes are far more meaningful in their anti-Christianity message than mocking Jesus pictures are.
Liberalism is moral syphilis.

- Jonathan Bowden

September 21, 2013, 04:55:24 PM
Meaning in nothing:

Liberalism is moral syphilis.

- Jonathan Bowden

September 22, 2013, 02:27:13 AM
Omnipresent vacuity is pretty well suggested with either no image or a snapshot of the cosmos.
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

September 27, 2013, 04:33:02 AM
Nihilism is a tree, growing in all directions at once. It is the identical fractal structure that fractures and feeds off earth and sky, reality and idealism.

It will grow through a rock, or around. It will absorb wire fences along the way, and demolish sidewalks a millimeter at a time.

It reaches for the sky by reaching deep into the soil. It reaches deep into the soil by using the energy it gathers from the sky.

It drinks anything, eats anything, but the leaves don't change from year to year.

It is valuable in life because it grows strong and supports others. It is valuable in death because it was authentically natural, thus useful.

This is nihilism.

September 27, 2013, 04:29:07 PM
Nah, I have the perfect banner for nihilists:

YOLO

September 27, 2013, 09:47:12 PM
Yo! LOL
You're quite hostile.

I got a right to be hostile, man, my people been persecuted!