Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

What is the meaning of Brutal Death Metal sonority?

What is the meaning of Brutal Death Metal sonority?
September 21, 2013, 04:51:19 PM
I really like the lyrics from Suffocation and Nile, but I really hate there sonority, what is the meaning if this sound. The vocals are in a too low tone, the guitars are impossible to hear, the drums are just "tah tah tah".

How can someone like it?

Suffocation sounds cool.  Any response beyond this is pointless as they all lead to personal preference and opinion.

It's well designed architecture. A mortician's laboratory.

The problem both bands have is that they go into sections that are seemingly music for music's sake.

The vocals are in a too low tone, the guitars are impossible to hear, the drums are just "tah tah tah".

How can someone like it?

It just takes time my friend. Once you develop an ear for it you will have no problem deciphering it. I would ignore Nile and work on Suffocation though. I found Pierced from Within easier to listen to initially. Pierced -> Effigy -> Breeding would probably be a good progression. Invest in some decent (not necessarily expensive) headphones if you have not already, because you have to play it fairly loudly for it to not sound like mush and that is not very fair on the people around you.

Sometimes the sound texture in itself is what subconsciously draws people in, aside altogether from the actual music. Though these elements need not necessarily be viewed as separate and distinct.