Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Free file hosting

Re: Free file hosting
September 21, 2013, 05:16:06 PM
Additionally, dropbox gives 2gb free hosting and there's no minimum download quota.

Mediafire is rather poor - files go dead often and their copyright system is somewhat effective.
Liberalism is moral syphilis.

- Jonathan Bowden

September 21, 2013, 05:47:17 PM
Dropbox requires a specialized client, so no one-click = no go. Agreed on Mediafire. It's disappointing, because in this case we're actually working to further the interests of these bands who would otherwise be buried under an onslaught of nu-metal, metalcore, indie metal, alternative metal and other AIDS-ridden shit.

September 21, 2013, 05:48:48 PM
Please go to the TEST THREAD and download at least one of these copies of our test album:

http://www.deathmetal.org/forum/index.php/topic,862.msg5701.html#msg5701

This thread is here because I needed a list of these to link to from the Audiofile FAQ, and most existing lists were either antiquated or spammy.

Also check out this TEST THREAD from January:

http://www.deathmetal.org/forum/index.php/topic,16830.0.html

Some of the highest attrition is among hosting providers themselves, e.g. out of business or software not working.

September 21, 2013, 07:09:13 PM
Mediafire have some errors, there the files deleted by FBI service, the file have to accessed a lot of times to not be deleted by the server. 4shared isn't too practical but works well.
From Brazil

September 21, 2013, 07:12:30 PM
In your opinion what is the best service?
From Brazil

September 21, 2013, 07:33:07 PM
I'm going with Jim's idea that SendItz is the most functional but that it's best to upload to several, like SendItz, 4shared and Box.

September 21, 2013, 09:03:07 PM
Downloaded from the box.com link, seems excellent, no hassle, no waiting, no popups, good download speed.

September 24, 2013, 05:50:41 PM
In your opinion what is the best service?

SendItz.  I just did a brief spot check of some stuff I uploaded probably back in February/March and it's still up, so the longevity is really what makes it valuable.
His Majesty at the Swamp / Black Arts Lead to Everlasting Sins / Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism / Oath of Black Blood / Privilege of Evil / Dawn of Possession / In Battle There is No Law / Thousand Swords / To Mega Therion

September 24, 2013, 09:37:17 PM
Unfortunately, I can't use SendItz -- it doesn't work from here.

Mediafire also had good retention rates considering how long the files have been there. But, they delete anything that isn't used within a relatively short period of time.

An absolute huge NO to SendSpace, which retains almost nothing.

DepositFiles, 4shared and MEGA look good.

September 25, 2013, 09:32:45 AM
Unfortunately, I can't use SendItz -- it doesn't work from here.

I find SendItz doesn't work if I'm uploading anything else at the same time. If that's not it then I have no idea what's going wrong there.