Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Project: GUITAR TABS

Project: GUITAR TABS
February 24, 2007, 03:45:31 PM
I'm in the process of archiving some TABS for a sub-site to go under DLA. I'd like to focus on some songs that aren't tabbed yet or are in short supply, such as Demilich tabs. Some other artists/songs that I would like to tab:
       Emperor
       Entombed - Bitter Loss
       Morbid Angel

... many others too, not neccessarily limited to metal and not limited to tabs either. Like to get some analysis, theory related stuff up, as well.

If you are guitarist/musician who is interested in this project, just drop me an IM.

Re: Project: GUITAR TABS
February 26, 2007, 12:15:01 AM
Good initiative. I think we'd all like to see more of this here.

February 26, 2007, 02:08:12 PM
You'd think, but it seems as though most on these forums are content with just bitching about society.

If you can help out but don't want to do full TABS, i need someone to help with a couple of (small) sections from two demilich songs, Erechsyrinol and The Putrefying Road...  PM and ill give you the times for the passages i need.  Let's get connected up and start getting some stuff together real soon!!

March 15, 2007, 11:25:24 PM
I can provide FULL guitar tabs for the following songs upon request:

Asphyx - "Vermin"

Bathory - "Woman of Dark Desires", "13 Candles"

Bolt Thrower - "War"

Burzum - "Det Som Engang Var"

Candlemass - "Solitude"

Carcass - "Corporal Jiqsore Quandary"

Darkthrone - "Kathaarian Life Code", "Skald Av Satans Sol"

Emperor - "I am the Black Wizards", "Ye Entrancemperium"

Enslaved - "Lifandi Liv Undir Hamri"

Graveland - "The Night of Fullmoon"

Hellhammer - "Massacra"

Ildjarn - "Ild"

Immortal - "Blashyrkh, Mighty Ravendark", "Unsilent Storms in the North Abyss", "The Sun no Longer Rises"

Morbid Angel - "Chapel of Ghouls", "Immortal Rites"

Necrophobic - "Awakening"

Unleashed - "The Final Silence"

I have access to more and many unfinished tabs, and will take requests to transcribe anything songs(metal preferred). Contact me at [email protected] if anyone's interested.

March 26, 2007, 10:30:02 AM
sent you an email, hung

March 27, 2007, 01:13:00 PM
The focus is on individual songs at this point but if the project keeps moving forward, then the focus will probably shift towards tabbing albums and doing. LHP is a great album, and while i don't know if every track is strong enough to warrant tabbing, there's some killer tracks on there (tuning is B E A D Gb  B).

April 02, 2007, 11:57:17 AM
They are more than any other album.

Definitely not. A strong album but leans too much on a riff salad type of construction to be placed alongside death metal classics like Altars, Nesphitse, Blessed are the Sick. The title track and Bitter Loss really stand out, though and i would like to tab these songs out .

May 20, 2007, 12:45:31 AM
As Asphyx-The Rack tab, for submittal:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DC3PJIDQ

May 20, 2007, 10:28:03 AM
I already PMed Vanguard, but anyway just to be sure. Here are some BURZUM tabs I found on some backup CD from the old .com site (plus Mayhem's "Funeral Fog" I  think).

May 20, 2007, 07:01:36 PM
Thanks for the responses, Ill most likely DL those later tonight.

Here's a link to a tab of the Demilich song, Inherited Bowel Levitation: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U9VU01EF

The TAB is written for standard tuning, so the lower rhythm parts are an octave up but the rest is in the same octave as on the album, just different positons.

Send me a message if you see any parts that look fishy.

Raise_the_Dead

May 23, 2007, 02:16:36 PM
I've done Behemoth's "...From the Pagan Vastlands" demo:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GM2CFVKC

If the tabs suck just let me know; these are the first ones I've done.

Next I'm doing Bathory's self-titled... can anyone confirm that the tuning for that one is Eb (for at least most of the songs)?

May 24, 2007, 01:33:32 AM
Here's the first half of Demilich's Erecshyrinol, http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V1BDB60H.

Yes, i checked and it's in Eb.

Raise_the_Dead

June 03, 2007, 05:19:29 PM
I've created a website where I will be uploading my tabs here.  I know this stuff is somehwat simplistic (esp. when compared to Demilich), but it definitely doesn't hurt to have it available.  Disregard the disclaimer and feel free to use any of my tabs for this project, if you need 'em.

June 11, 2007, 12:35:48 AM
Nice setup there. Ive got to get around to doing something like that, as most of my tabs are in my head :D.  What other stuff are you interested in tabbing? Maybe get some lists going .....

personally speaking,

Atheist, Entombed, Demilich, Sepultura, Pestilence,
Summoning, Morbid Angel

I like working open-source with this stuff, comparing and sharing stuff, putting together the puzzle. PM me if you come across some riff or passage you can't figure out when you are tabbing.

Raise_the_Dead

June 12, 2007, 12:56:12 AM
Stuff I want to do:

Hellhammer / Celtic Frost
Beherit
Sarcofago
Possessed
Sepultura
Saint Vitus
Candlemass
Summoning
Darkthrone
Graveland
etc.

Like I said, I'm starting with basic stuff, as I'm not the greatest at figuring out more technical stuff like Demilich and Atheist.  And yes, will do, Vanguard.  As of now I am actually recovering from an injured arm, so I can't even play (let alone figure out songs) for a while (1-2 months maybe).  :'(