Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Project: GUITAR TABS

Re: Project: GUITAR TABS
June 17, 2007, 01:25:35 PM
 Sorry to hear about the injury, Raised. Keep up wit your ear/brain training while you recover.

Technicality is not a prerequisite (you won't find me tabing any Children of Bodom of Krisiun songs) but not being about the find a tab for a song you really dig can be frustrating enough to just make you want to do it yourself.

That said, here's a link to a few Demilich tabs as well as other stuff here, http://gorexridden.tripod.com/tablature/tablature.html.

June 26, 2007, 03:11:22 AM
Wouldn't a section for tabs, music theory and the like on anus be a great idea?

June 30, 2007, 04:48:27 AM
I can send you Immortal-Grim and frostbitten kingdoms

June 30, 2007, 04:54:53 AM
Wouldn't a section for tabs, music theory and the like on anus be a great idea?

Here is the start of something from a LONG time ago:
http://www.anus.com/etc/music_theory/

There will be more to come.

July 20, 2007, 08:28:57 AM
Why not just tab out the entire Left Hand Path album.  For now, just to be sure, what tuning is it in?

If you still don't know (sorry for the late post), it's B tuning. Or they use a seven string with the lowest string being B. Also, out of curiousity, why don't metalheads post actual sheet music instead of tabs? They show rhythms, dynamic markings, and phrasing more clearly than tabs. If metal is to become intellectual to the eyes and ears of intellectuals, it should present itself as authentic sheet music.

July 23, 2007, 03:21:56 PM
Tabs are for getting down the fingerings of a song in a quick and clear fashion, though people tab songs in different ways. I like your idea, but i think it has more to do with practicality. Metal songs are memorized usually, so a piece of paper is used when learning but not as something to follow. If metal cevolves towards a more symphonic approach to arranging, with many more musicians, standard notation would be required.

July 24, 2007, 02:52:15 AM
Tabs are for getting down the fingerings of a song in a quick and clear fashion, though people tab songs in different ways. I like your idea, but i think it has more to do with practicality. Metal songs are memorized usually, so a piece of paper is used when learning but not as something to follow. If metal cevolves towards a more symphonic approach to arranging, with many more musicians, standard notation would be required.

Slipknot had many more musicians. But did they use standard notation? No, they had four somewhat useful people and Five that would beat up each other senselessly on stage.

I see what you are saying about tabbing and I agree but there is a better feeling when you read from notation. It's as if you connect with the music more. Well, I guess it's just my emotional view on music notation.

August 22, 2007, 10:35:34 AM

K

September 04, 2007, 11:44:30 AM
I don't know if this will help anyone, but you can access all of metaltabs.com's files by using archive.org, go back till late last year, and you'll find all the tabs still work, I'm not sure about the guitarpro/powertab stuff though.

September 05, 2007, 02:00:01 PM
anyone have Incantation or old Suffocation tabs lying around?

September 27, 2007, 05:25:05 AM
Ahh the tuning of Demilich is in A.  Alot of the bass notes alternate between the A(open) and C(3rd).

Dunkelheit

November 14, 2007, 08:35:29 AM
Ahh the tuning of Demilich is in A.  Alot of the bass notes alternate between the A(open) and C(3rd).

Are you tabbing out any Demilich songs on bass? It would be much appreciated, I'm currently in the process of teaching myself bass and it'd be nice to have tabs to the type of music I wish to play. It's hard to find good tabs these days with all of the legal issues and bass tabs, especially of good metal bands, are extra rare.

November 28, 2007, 02:17:22 PM
any tab for the violin in at the gates (i dont remember the name of the disc, but it was the first song from that album)? thanks!

Dunkelheit

December 01, 2007, 03:29:04 PM
Is anyone still working on tabbing any songs out? I'd help but I'm afraid I don't just don't have the ear or playing skill. I'd really like to see some bass tabs from the likes of Demilich and Sinister though. Especially Sinister - Awaiting the Absu. I think projects such as this should get a higher priority around here. We talk a lot about the current state of metal and what needs to be done but there isn't much sharing of theory or educating budding musicians.

December 09, 2007, 05:41:39 AM
Japel, the album is The Red in the Sky is Ours. There is actually quite a bit of violin throughout the album, particularly the first half. I believe the song you're referring to is the title track.