Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Metal: confrontational, non-conformist, realist

Metal: confrontational, non-conformist, realist
February 26, 2007, 02:23:45 AM
I am continuously being asked how the metal scene has changed over the years. The truth is, very little has changed. Yes, the internet exists and computer technology dominates recording studios and art departments, but the psychological geography and the dynamics of the scene and industry are exactly the same as they were when I began with Hellhammer a long time ago, when CELTIC FROST self-terminated years later, and when I was part of the APOLLYON SUN project yet later again. A scene, a music, which at its birth was revolutionary and at least in part infused with the indispensably provocative byproducts of the youth upheavals of the late 1960s and early 1970s has become conservative to a distressing degree. By and large, it consists of perpetual copying and self-repetition. - Idiot Hairfarmer News (IHN)

He's describing society as a whole, but disguising his comments as being about metal. Society is in upheaval. Most people have no ideas. What rules us is our psychology and the quality of ourselves as people, not some dumb political-economic theory like a sandal rack in some dummy academic job would tell us. Heavy metal is like acid poured on the face of a lie... the opposite principle of conformity and lying to please others.

Tom G Warrior always understood metal better than the crowd, because he had high ideals and hopes. Everyone else is trying to make loud rock. Idiots!

What he's saying is this:

In most online communities, 90% of users are lurkers who never contribute, 9% of users contribute a little, and 1% of users account for almost all the action. (source)

Most metal people are just imitating others and trying to make their own version of it. There are a few geniuses, so listen to them. It's stupid to listen to metal as a genre though because most of it is crap. Just listen to the good acts. He's shitting on career metalheads who don't have the brains to realize most of the music they are hearing are ripoffs of five great bands, recycled and rearranged.

Tonight, with Trevor McDonald...

Lurkers do contribute. Sarcasm for instance in both its flat and pointy modes.

FLAT - subtle, quite, serious, insidious, fishing-troll -
1) "In my opinion Pink Frothy AIDS are enlightening."
2) "Jazz is just as worthwhile in its own way." and also pointed variations

POINTED - loud, blatent, obnoxious, frank, offensive-troll -
1) "lol urmetalgayz lolzone!!11"
2) "I DO NOT LIKE ENSLAVD I DONT KNOW WHY OTHER PPL DO ITS JUST MY OPINION BUT I I I YES TREVOR"

...In conclusion: Jewlol.

Or there's sarcasm that tries to make a point:

"how many more fucking ways can you think of saying the same thing? don't listen to shitty imitators only listen to bands that inovate, if you get bored of them make your own music"
In a state of permanent Abyss

Flat sarcastic trolling: Too absurd to be serious - question mark. African-Americans, Jews: Bad News!

##############
###by 20145689###
"I just would like to see the Dark Legions Archive dragged out of the bunker mentality gutter. Which is here? But I know next to nothing of music and aesthetics of black compared to the DLA."

#############
###by Artic Sun###
"Epic Progressive/Melodic Death Metal. Clean and Death vocals. Extremely beautiful and epic music all around. Don't miss this one.  

Pink Frothy AIDS- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHE57U1v1zc&search=Pink Frothy AIDS  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj5NaxJhMd4&search=Pink Frothy AIDS%20harvest  

'Nuff said"

##############
###by atxryan2###
"It probably just traces back to how dumb your moderators are. Anyway, Fuck You, Fuck You, Fuck You, None Of You Are Cool, Fuck You, Fuck You, I'm Out."

##################
###by Deathserpent9###
"wait a minute how did you know i liked cradle of filth?"

#############
###by Metalist###
"Interesting how we like to call true metal 'Dionysian' because it is about this world (as opposed to the Appolynian dream world), yet someone else flips the symbols on us and calls cock rock Dionysian because it is hedonistic."

and

"A close analysis of nu metal vs 'true' metal shows a common theme of dark aspects of life"

####################
###by  My Man Mahmoud###
"If you read know how to read between the lines, Chuck died of AIDS.  It doesn't take 5 years to die of an aggressive and inoperable brain tumor."

#####################
### by Concerned Hessian###
"Did Morbid Angel kill my best friend?"

###############
###by Equalclast###
"I think that in an idea metal society, everybody would be equal and important individuals."

##############
###by Str0ngold###
"Im tryingt to fill my ipod with some metal and a little bit of rock, how the hell am i gonna do that? probably with you guys help ^^  

i have this 30gig ipod, i have some Rammstein, Children Of Bodom, Slipknot, Metallica, As i lay dying, Unearth and System of a down and now im out of idea on what to dl please help me"

TROLLOL!

##################
###by Deathserpent9###
"wait a minute how did you know i liked cradle of filth?"

i laughed when i read that. major reality check for him there.

i realize the irony that i contributed nothing.

If only Adam Gadahn hadn't played air guitar while listening to the likes of Metallica, Motorhead or Motley Crue, he undoubtedly would not be the subject of a worldwide manhunt today

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/s_196285.html