Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Rabbit wisdom.

Rabbit wisdom.
September 23, 2013, 05:47:26 PM
I was feeding my replacement bunny, this morning, which was a very wet, clammy sort of morning.
It was already in its hutch, which remains open, and is a shelter against the weather.
It saw me coming and prepared itself to be unprepared.
Then it made like a ram, and head-butted my hand, before clamping its shovel teeth to my finger and reminding me of what it could do if it decided to.
And nibbled a bit of hay instead. Looked me in the eye and cared about nothing. Washed its face. Yawned. Skittered out of the hutch, down the ramp, back up again, and ate some pellets.

It came to me that I behave in much the same way.
Prepared to respond to anything, anytime, by being pointedly unprepared for any particular thing.
Open to the moment, and what the moment may bring.
If rabbits have any wisdom, then that may be it.

Squawk!

Re: Rabbit wisdom.
September 24, 2013, 01:15:26 AM
I value an empty head as well. Most people are busy cramming their heads with scenarios, facts, opinions and other data. I think it makes more sense to have a clear mind and a generalized intellectual toolset.

This bunny sounds like a real maniac however :)

September 24, 2013, 01:37:30 AM
Maybe I gave the wrong impression with my description.
It's never bitten me, restricting itself to gentle nibbles.
I get scratched, sometimes, trying to hold it, to get it out of rainstorms.
It's certainly not a maniac.
The raccoons, however, can be a whole different story...

Squawk!

September 24, 2013, 04:07:51 AM
No comment on raccoons, except to say that if adaptive generalists are exploding in your area, it's because they're traveling through sewers to eat the food left out by sloppy people. Most of whom should know better, since few are rich enough to waste anything, but that's another story.

I didn't figure the bunny attacked. Moreso that it was keeping you on your toes. A saucy bunny, not a vicious one.