Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Cannibal Corpse a ripoff?

Re: Cannibal Corpse a ripoff?
March 26, 2007, 09:12:38 PM
But Cannibal Corpse remained true to their roots as soulless pop-product in death metal form, so we can't say for sure that they sold out... no scientific studies have been done on that topic, and the newspaper says nothing of it. How dare you accuse them?

Keep in mind that criticizing Cannibal Corpse and attempting to change society brings certain death. So it's better we accept Cannibal Corpse... because we could be wrong, since we can't point to somewhere the TV said we were right.

March 26, 2007, 09:35:21 PM
Nobody on this site is going to change society, because society is not listening. Sorry to say it, but 6 billion people are not very interested in what you have to say (maybe because you can't really speak their language).

March 26, 2007, 10:06:00 PM
Nobody on this site is going to change society, because society is not listening. Sorry to say it, but 6 billion people are not very interested in what you have to say (maybe because you can't really speak their language).

Keep making excuses to hide the fact that you're a useless coward. Six billion people have nothing in common. A few smart people can and will change the world. You're just afraid to admit that, because then you'd have to believe in something, starting with yourself, and you'd rather DIE than take on the chance of dying.

March 26, 2007, 10:15:00 PM

Keep making excuses to hide the fact that you're a useless coward. Six billion people have nothing in common. A few smart people can and will change the world. You're just afraid to admit that, because then you'd have to believe in something, starting with yourself, and you'd rather DIE than take on the chance of dying.

That's a fair point. Do you suggest I pursue education, get into politics (god forbid), or go in among the lions? Because as far as I can tell, I'm really not reaching out to any significant portion of people I could use to change the world via the WWW. A genuine question by the way.

March 26, 2007, 10:32:57 PM
Do you suggest I pursue education, get into politics (god forbid), or go in among the lions? Because as far as I can tell, I'm really not reaching out to any significant portion of people I could use to change the world via the WWW. A genuine question by the way.

A fair question deserves a fair answer.

Your goal has two parts:

1. Survive
2. Effect change

You need to get the education you need, start a business or become a community leader or respected person, and then urge people toward mainstream politics like CORRUPT. In fact, I work with that organization because it is both rational and publically acceptable, and doesn't lie about our situation.

I would suggest reading anything of note written before 1940.

A starter list might be: Nietzsche, Plato, Poe, Lovecraft, Aristotle, Kant, Hemingway, Faulkner, London. You could include some moderns like Phillip K. Dick and Robert Heinlein.

ozz

March 30, 2007, 01:03:45 AM

A starter list might be: Nietzsche, Plato, Poe, Lovecraft, Aristotle, Kant, Hemingway, Faulkner, London. You could include some moderns like Phillip K. Dick and Robert Heinlein.

Yeah, Hemingway, Poe & Phillip K Dick are essential.  Faulkner's novels are a bit hard to digest, but once you get comfortable with his unique writing style, it's good.  I also suggest David Hume for a hefty serving of skepticism amonst other things.

May 30, 2007, 09:40:19 AM
Cannibal Corpse in the later years starting including fast passages of harmonies of major 3rd and minor 3rd intervals, something that Immolation was already doing in Here in After (listen to that song "Raped by the beast"). Alex Webster's bass playing is a complete copycat of what Chris Richard's was doing in Suffocation. Despite all the "borrowings", if one listens closely to Cannibal Corpse songs, they'd find a few motifs and redundancies that are solely theirs and worthy of the word "original" but originality doesn't cut it. Ideologically, CC are pretty weak. Riffing and Songcraft-wise, they seem to have a strong suit but never as strong as Immolation and Suffocation and mood-wise they seem to capture the moronic metalhead beer mug ambience rather than what Immolation does, which conveys a more classical, serious impression.

June 01, 2007, 02:32:50 AM
the thing that makes cannibal corpse legit is that they were in 'ace ventura: pet detective'. that movie rules. :)

June 01, 2007, 04:11:17 AM
I would suggest reading anything of note written before 1940.

Why?

June 01, 2007, 07:50:12 AM
I'm not so sure reading Lovecraft is a must if you want to change society.

June 02, 2007, 02:44:19 AM
the thing that makes cannibal corpse legit is that they were in 'ace ventura: pet detective'. that movie rules. :)

As as i enjoy that movie it only serves to parody the new york death metal scene more then they had before.

June 12, 2007, 06:01:08 PM
Everything from England eh? Napalm Death, Bolt Thrower, Carcass, Cathedral, Sabbat, Xentrix...

Wolfbane

June 16, 2007, 11:39:36 PM
I was thinking of Cancer and benediction when I was thinking of English Death metal, not those bands.

June 24, 2007, 09:56:27 PM
Quite a few intelligent people here so understand this.

You say Cannibal Corpse is a rip off band. Well yes they have their influences but doesn't every other band have influences and i mean all death metal bands.

What has happened to most of the people here comparing brutality, Britney spears and god knows what else, Enjoy the genre everyone nowadays seems obsessed with image and other people's preferences.

I am a Cannibal Corpse fan and i enjoy the music. I like all death metal bands again i mean all.

I am not affraid to say i am a CC fan. They arn't a rip off or some band for kids.

Have a re-think anyone interested in death metal at any age can like any death metal band. Cannibal Corpse is for everyone.

Suffocation is for everyone, with others like Slayer, Malevolent Creation, Cryptopsy, Vital Remains, Possessed, hell i bet you could find any person any age and a fan of any death metal bands.

We are death metal fans, enjoy the bands that play us this intellectual music and entertain us 24/7.

I don't care what bands you find brutal because end of day i like the genre with a passion and i don't follow anyone. I do however respect your bands you like, since i again do like them (if it is death metal)

I will admitt with any band you will find posers at the end of the day.

You guys seem to know your stuff too, but you give the impression you don't have the passion or the heart for death metal.....

June 30, 2007, 06:19:34 AM
Quite a few intelligent people here so understand this.

You say Cannibal Corpse is a rip off band. Well yes they have their influences but doesn't every other band have influences and i mean all death metal bands.

What has happened to most of the people here comparing brutality, Britney spears and god knows what else, Enjoy the genre everyone nowadays seems obsessed with image and other people's preferences.

I am a Cannibal Corpse fan and i enjoy the music. I like all death metal bands again i mean all.

I am not affraid to say i am a CC fan. They arn't a rip off or some band for kids.

Have a re-think anyone interested in death metal at any age can like any death metal band. Cannibal Corpse is for everyone.

Suffocation is for everyone, with others like Slayer, Malevolent Creation, Cryptopsy, Vital Remains, Possessed, hell i bet you could find any person any age and a fan of any death metal bands.

We are death metal fans, enjoy the bands that play us this intellectual music and entertain us 24/7.

I don't care what bands you find brutal because end of day i like the genre with a passion and i don't follow anyone. I do however respect your bands you like, since i again do like them (if it is death metal)

I will admitt with any band you will find posers at the end of the day.

You guys seem to know your stuff too, but you give the impression you don't have the passion or the heart for death metal.....

Why do you even listen to death metal?