Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Fullmoon

Fullmoon
September 24, 2013, 01:15:19 AM
Don't mean to sound too superstitious, but we are now at around the time of the spring/autumnal equinox depending on where you reside in the dry lands of this planet . And I can't help but feel something major has changed. Apart from two people I sort of knew (know of) dying. Everything seems really ramped up and chaotic. People are really snappy. And I have an extra hard time trying not to snap back. Motivation/creativity fluctuates on Richter-scale type proportions.

I recall a similar phase with another couple of deaths some 3 months ago at the time of winter/summer solstice.

Can the seasons, weather conditions and moon phases exert effects on humanity as is the case with other creatures? Or is it more comforting for us to use a word coincidence in the absence of what can consciously be perceived?

Re: Fullmoon
September 24, 2013, 04:08:54 AM
Are there any coincidences?

Either there's order, or disorder.

Or the two serve the same ideal, like Satan's wrath magnifying God's magnanimity and vice-versa.

Hail Satan.

September 24, 2013, 02:10:42 PM
Seasonal cycles affect our "collective unconscious" more than anyone wants to admit. That's why we call it superstition. The effects can be observed, though. Coincidence just means two or more incidents occuring simeltaneously. It does not mean that there is no connection. Synchronicity is one of the highest states of perception that a human experiences.

I have been writing music feverishly for the last few days. Some overriding compulsion is present.

September 24, 2013, 05:57:53 PM
Yesterday I stumbled across a salamander, hauling its ass slowly across the lawn.
The first one I've ever seen.
It seemed to enjoy the warmth of my hand, while I found it a nice place to hide out from the coming winter.
They are able to secrete a mild poison, but it didn't feel like poisoning me.
Meanwhile, the full moon seemed to prevent me from sleeping, for some reason.
Now I'm a right mess.

The moon fascinates me. Always has. What a staggering thing it is, suspended up there in space.
When you consider the effect it has on tides, it is probably a good idea to respect it.
Anything that can move that much water up and down, like a heartbeat, is something to take rather seriously.

Squawk!

September 24, 2013, 06:30:13 PM
The moon's gravity also pulls at the blood and lymph and other fluids in your body. Tidal swells occur within us too! It also allows women to have regular cycles, and offers a utility to animals who rely on vision to hunt at night. It truly is a mysterious and powerful thing. Little wonder that full moons have such an impact on people even today who deny superstitions. Some occultists are the only ones who respect it fully as well as take advantage of the changes it inflicts/offers to us.

September 25, 2013, 11:09:34 AM
I remember one night of full moon seeing a kid from the neighborhood arriving in the street of his house, he lift his arms to the sky and said in a theatrical voice: "Full moon, give me your powers!"  :P
You're quite hostile.

I got a right to be hostile, man, my people been persecuted!

September 25, 2013, 11:58:05 AM
Are there any coincidences?

There is no obvious link to any of the events. The erratic, frenetic energy observed in those around me may be as a result of the emotional-resonance subconsciously emitted between individuals as a result of forces that can not easily be perceived. Or perhaps I'm imagining things?

If that's not the case then there is surely much that can be learned through observing nature and therefore predicting the subtle effects it might have on oneself or those around them. I already mark out moon phases and seasonal changes in my diary/calendar and try to cross match against previous years to see if there's any connection. It's certainly something I would like to learn more about.

The moon's gravity also pulls at the blood and lymph and other fluids in your body. Tidal swells occur within us too! It also allows women to have regular cycles, and offers a utility to animals who rely on vision to hunt at night.

Though this for many is a little common knowledge, it's also hotly debated by modern science. Interestingly enough, their was no divisional between classical Hindustani astronomy and astrology.

September 25, 2013, 05:58:54 PM
Which part is hotly debate?

One could guess that blood and lymph would be affected by lunar gravity (maybe not to a noticeable extent) because people can actually jump higher when the moon is aligned right (or so I've heard).

The claim about women's cycles is unsubstantiated as far as I know, but the lunar phases do match up to the monthly cycles.

December 19, 2013, 01:34:20 AM
The moon's gravity also pulls at the blood and lymph and other fluids in your body. Tidal swells occur within us too! It also allows women to have regular cycles, and offers a utility to animals who rely on vision to hunt at night. It truly is a mysterious and powerful thing. Little wonder that full moons have such an impact on people even today who deny superstitions. Some occultists are the only ones who respect it fully as well as take advantage of the changes it inflicts/offers to us.

My blood has been boiling all day, I am absolutely full of wild energy. And then, to my surprise, up comes the full moon!

December 19, 2013, 07:45:38 AM
Hell yeah!

December 19, 2013, 05:39:01 PM
Anyone else get longer more vivid and memorable dreams in the days around the Fullmoon?
Happens 9 times outta 10 for me. I guess this is just some amped up bloodflow, but it seems uncanny that it correlates to something else that is a 'reflection' as well.

December 20, 2013, 03:08:45 PM
Anyone else get longer more vivid and memorable dreams in the days around the Fullmoon?
Happens 9 times outta 10 for me. I guess this is just some amped up bloodflow, but it seems uncanny that it correlates to something else that is a 'reflection' as well.

Absolutely! My lady and I were just talking about this, night before last. I've been dreaming intensely tangible dreams about exploring hidden structures (which usually happens when I'm sound-minded and not distressed by any life events). My drawing has become much better as well. Now that could be an effect of my own perception, or my drawing could actually be objectively better; I'm not sure at this point. Either way, I've been producing music and pictures at a far higher rate than is usual for myself.

December 23, 2013, 10:24:27 AM
People being affected by the seasons?

Bullocks! Next time you'll be saying astrology is real!
TAH EERF

December 23, 2013, 04:03:24 PM
People being affected by the seasons?

Bullocks! Next time you'll be saying astrology is real!

You don't think that celestial bodies, ellipses, and angles are real?

December 24, 2013, 01:09:07 AM

Like the tide, shadows flow towards the shore of light.
The night comes whirling like a maelstrom.
Warring waves of crackling clouds embrace this nightside landscape.
The heavens bleed, through open wounds, the dim light of the Moon.
The winds are crying mournfully and tears fly with the gusts.
They whip my clenched faces freezing skin with ice-cold burning cuts.

Too long I have suffered the desert sands of time.
But as I drown in darkness it will release the sign.
My soul will leave this mortal coil of flesh and earthly life,
To fly into the mist of night, into the nightside eclipse,
And experience existence on the other side.

As a stone of scorching enthusiasm
I refract the reflecting surface of this unfathomable sea.
Growing circles of grief and pain slides across the land
As an omen of the horror yet to come.

The strength of a thousand fire-breathing demons
Breed in my infernal, sinking soul.
And as I reach the surface once again
These powers are under my control.
Now I am one with the night sky majesty.