Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Skateboarding

Skateboarding
September 25, 2013, 08:23:52 PM
What is your opinions, what is yours expiriences about it?
From Brazil

Re: Skateboarding
September 25, 2013, 08:26:53 PM
There certainly is a skateboarding "type".

Personally, I never understood why people were so obsessed by it.
Liberalism is moral syphilis.

- Jonathan Bowden

September 25, 2013, 08:34:31 PM
There culture, music and philosofy arround it, but there's skateboarders that are truly idiots.

From Brazil

September 25, 2013, 08:55:17 PM
Does it have a unique philosophy or is it a component of punk culture?
Liberalism is moral syphilis.

- Jonathan Bowden

September 25, 2013, 09:31:22 PM
yes, I think that have a lot of the punk philosophy, but there the skate philosophy that punk takes, DIY possibily start with skateboarders.
From Brazil

September 27, 2013, 05:30:31 PM
Skateboarding is a wonderful thing, so many great times I've had alone or with friends on a board. Sure there are idiots that participate but the same is true with any group. There is not really a widely accepted "philosophy" held by skaters, but they do have a unifying idea: Cities are ugly, flat and dull, so you might as well live fully (read: dangerously) in the environment you are stuck in while you are stuck there!

September 27, 2013, 05:49:17 PM
I skateboard, it kicks ass. You should skate at least 60 hours a week.

If you think that you shouldn't skate because there are a lot of poseurs that skate, I guess you should probably quit listening to metal too.

September 28, 2013, 12:50:06 PM
I used to skate when I was younger, it was fun. Unfortunately some fat chick friend of my sister's was playing with it one day and broke the board. Never got a new one, so I switched to biking. That's fun too.

Anything but lame-ass rollerblading.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

September 28, 2013, 11:52:22 PM
Damn, what a idiot, holy, I'm sad only in thinking in a fat kid breaking my skate. She don't pay? Anything? Her parents?
From Brazil

September 28, 2013, 11:58:46 PM
Skateboarding is a wonderful thing, so many great times I've had alone or with friends on a board. Sure there are idiots that participate but the same is true with any group. There is not really a widely accepted "philosophy" held by skaters, but they do have a unifying idea: Cities are ugly, flat and dull, so you might as well live fully (read: dangerously) in the environment you are stuck in while you are stuck there!

Dude, skate alone is too boring, what was your skate? And about this philosophy, there a lot of different groups of skateboarders, the thrashers, the weed guys, the rapers, the "cute" metacore skaters; what group do you talk about, and what is for you, the most important?
From Brazil

September 30, 2013, 12:15:22 AM
I īm a metal purist and corrosive movies, you should check Ken Park (Krap Nek) by Larry Clark, this will little change your perception a skateboard.

September 30, 2013, 12:26:12 AM

Dude, skate alone is too boring, what was your skate? And about this philosophy, there a lot of different groups of skateboarders, the thrashers, the weed guys, the rapers, the "cute" metacore skaters; what group do you talk about, and what is for you, the most important?

I don't know what kind of group I skated with;I didn't smoke weed at the time but there was at least one guy that did, another guy did tattoos, and the other guys just skated, I really didn't know anything else about them except that they didn't know of any music I listened to. But that's all that really mattered to me, the fact that they skated and they act like assholes.

Most of the time I was skating by myself though, which was great because I didn't have to think about anything except for getting around town on my board. I switched to biking afterward, which is not always as intense but a much faster way of getting around.

September 30, 2013, 10:20:14 PM
I īm a metal purist and corrosive movies, you should check Ken Park (Krap Nek) by Larry Clark, this will little change your perception a skateboard.

Wow, this is a movie.
From Brazil

September 30, 2013, 10:28:42 PM
Damn, what a idiot, holy, I'm sad only in thinking in a fat kid breaking my skate. She don't pay? Anything? Her parents?

Nah, I was pissed at the time and wanted another board. I guess she never did wind up paying me back. Doesn't matter much though 'cause I got a bike that year (or next) and that quickly took over as the fun thing to do.

Not that I care or anything, she was fat. The world's already dealt her a shit hand.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

October 02, 2013, 09:33:09 AM
Not for me. I also hate the skate culture. I have an old mountain bike in dire need of restoration. Would love to have something I can jump on and just zoom the fuck out of town when humanity's brain starts collectively frying. Skateboarding is very suburban, the opposite of where I want to be.  :P