Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Bullshit I hate

Bullshit I hate
September 27, 2013, 04:56:20 PM
Constructivism, as a perspective in education that explains how knowledge is constructed in the human being when information comes into contact with existing knowledge that had been developed by experiences. It has roots in cognitive psychology and biology and an approach to education that lays emphasis on the ways knowledge is created in order to adapt to the world. Constructs are the different types of filters we choose to place over our realities to change our reality from chaos to order. Von Glasersfeld describes constructivism as “a theory of knowledge with roots in philosophy, psychology, and cybernetics”.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constructivism_%28learning_theory%29

Load of bullshit. If you believe this shit, you have no soul. No inner leanings. You're just a robot to be programmed..

Re: Bullshit I hate
September 27, 2013, 05:26:04 PM
Why so hateful? How does this hurt you?

September 28, 2013, 06:42:04 PM
I'd say the deterministic is true. Picking from among a restricted set of options doesn't indicate free will at work. We're just optimizing predicted outcomes with our often tiny set of choices.

If the range of options was always infinite and you never could tell how anyone might respond from moment to moment, or any choice would result in any effect, then I'd buy the free will myth and question a deterministic universe.

September 28, 2013, 07:21:14 PM
I Picking from among a restricted set of options doesn't indicate free will at work.

Why not? If you can choose an option even if it's limited, you still have freewill. You're free to choose, to exert your will. If not you're a robot controlled totally  in the hand of a creator. Maybe that's what we are. totally controlled by the gods. Maybe I just don't know what freewill means.

If the range of options was always infinite and you never could tell how anyone might respond from moment to moment, or any choice would result in any effect, then I'd buy the free will myth and question a deterministic universe.

I don't know what would be the difference about freewill if the options were infinite. To make a choice is to make a choice. Even with an infinity of choice, with would be our nature that would have determined our ability to choose infinitely. And what would make you sure that it would be you and not ''the hand of god'' trought you that would choose from an infinity of possibilities?

September 29, 2013, 02:32:28 AM
I Picking from among a restricted set of options doesn't indicate free will at work.

Why not? If you can choose an option even if it's limited, you still have freewill. You're free to choose, to exert your will. If not you're a robot controlled totally  in the hand of a creator. Maybe that's what we are. totally controlled by the gods. Maybe I just don't know what freewill means.

A few lines of computer code are the same thing. If this condition, do that. Else, do the other. A bubble sort is another example.

The constraining factors on us are physical laws. We can't freely break physics by our acts of will, thus, the universe is deterministic for us. This is particularly true for our acts. Our imaginations are less restrained but we're still selecting from a limited set of learned combinations of effects, even if it is from far less restricted range.

The act of selection itself doesn't demonstrate free will, just an attempt at this or that expected outcome.