Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

A Dark Dream

A Dark Dream
October 02, 2013, 09:27:48 AM
I canít see a thing. All I can feel are peopleís bodies, writhing, pushing, falling and pulling. All are trying to get somewhere, but just where the hell that is, no one knows. Some are helpful, most arenít. Writhing, pushing, falling and pulling in a structure that resembles some invisible, insurmountable mountain of flesh. Insurmountable due to its own material form; us (with the capacity for connection and a hell of a lot of disconnection).

Re: A Dark Dream
October 02, 2013, 10:21:13 AM
I have seen a few threads before where people describe their dreams. Who knows if they really had this dream or if they are just making a point?

I remember a dream I had, I had set free so many people from their shackles... but when they were free there was a mad rush to escape. No one had time to be grateful, I was pushed aside. I went through much pain to get them there, much pain, but it made me both weaker and stronger to go through the ordeal. Weaker... because this experience of pure hatred aimed towards one, to make one hurt, at first is a terrifying experience. Why would another being wish harm to me? But you must accept this. When you accept that there are those who do harm, you wish to find out why. Is this something which must be stopped? If it is already trying to be stopped, is it something that should continue?

If I had not gone through the pain... I would not have been able to set the people free. When I was pushed aside by the people, I did not care, for I had already been through so much pain, so much deliberate hurt done to me, that accidental hurt was easy to brush aside. I simply wait for everyone else to move away, while I try to keep order as best as I can. In the end I am sure to be killed, but so are we all :)

Perhaps I am weak, perhaps Heyzeus has gotten too far into my head to ever come out. But I am a shepherd... I tend to the sheep, and if a wolf comes to take one away... well, this wolf better be prepared to fight. And wolves do fight. Foxes on the other hand... they are sly, they do not wish to be seen. Before you know, one sheep has gone, then another... all you hear is the foxes terrific shriek from the trees. I do not know if the foxes are smarter than the wolves, or if they are simply not as brave. I wonder which of them pursues life with the greatest ferocity... the one who hides, so he may get what he wants and get away with it... or the one who comes out into the open and says "This is what I want, and I know you do not want me to have it... but I am going to fight for it, and you will have to fight too if you are to stop me...". The wolves sit better with me, but that is just my personal instinct :)

October 02, 2013, 11:05:49 PM
I have seen a few threads before where people describe their dreams. Who knows if they really had this dream or if they are just making a point?

Actually this WAS more about making a point. Something as personal as a dream can never have the effect it has on others the way it does on he who dreamt it. Jung or Frued might say you interpret the world as being an uphill battle against the doomed masses who clearly don't give fuck, but I think it's more about no one knowing where they're going because they're too used to going their own way. Has it and will always be like this? Can a few helpful souls make a difference?

October 03, 2013, 12:07:45 AM
I once had a dream a robotic sphere absorbed several people in my life into its being and then came for me, and in the heat of the chase, I awoke.

Does this mean anything?

No. Dreams are fucking stupid. Sleep is to be overcome.

October 04, 2013, 02:49:10 AM
I once had a dream a robotic sphere absorbed several people in my life into its being and then came for me, and in the heat of the chase, I awoke.

Does this mean anything?

Wrong! but good to get your thoughts on the matter anyway.

October 04, 2013, 08:35:16 PM

Heh? Sleep, food , breath, sex, etc.

Being one who has totally fucking incomprehensible dreams... I tend to agree that, while potent, dreams are little other than a more abstract expression of your standing internal state. Intense, prolonged meditation on nothingness leads to consistent dreamless sleep. Time in and adulation of nature creates euphoric dream-hikes, etc.

Women close to me tend to have dreams of the more "prophetic" and social sort, often pessimistic. The sample size is too small for me to draw conclusions. Do others here have any insight on this topic?