Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Only Death is Real

Only Death is Real
October 05, 2013, 04:24:38 PM
So we're all going to die. Whats the point of doing anything? It all amounts to the same for each and every one of us. Perhaps even the entire universe we know is going to be annihilated as well.

Or maybe you believe there never is an end?

Maybe Schopenhaeur was right and we'd be better off not being born.

by the way I think homosexuality is wrong because every gay person I met has pretty much been a faggot

I like the Buzzcocks though so maybe they aren't all bad

I might be biased though, Slim Jims are my favorite snack

Re: Only Death is Real
October 05, 2013, 04:40:55 PM
I am naturally inclined to study and find appreciation in things that repulse most people (thus death metal).

The only constant in the universe is balance. Add here, subtract from there. Future and past are always equal, our constriction to temporal existence is neither a blessing nor a curse, just necessary. Everything is necessary, in fact.

All meaning is arbitrarily posited, and outside of our imagination there is no purpose or point to our lives, but that is the best reason you can get for living. Don't just do what you want, do what you have to, because you have to, that is the way this machine works.

Only death is real? Everything is real in varying degrees. Imagination impacts physical reality as it is influenced by it. It is not disconnected.

Objectively though, Buzzcocks suck and I didn't even know they were queer.

October 05, 2013, 05:03:17 PM
Q:

So we're all going to die. Whats the point of doing anything? It all amounts to the same for each and every one of us. Perhaps even the entire universe we know is going to be annihilated as well.

Or maybe you believe there never is an end?

Maybe Schopenhaeur was right and we'd be better off not being born.

by the way I think homosexuality is wrong because every gay person I met has pretty much been a faggot

I like the Buzzcocks though so maybe they aren't all bad

I might be biased though, Slim Jims are my favorite snack

A:       
                 The open steppe,
                                                    fleet horse,
                                                                                falcons at your wrist,
                                                                                                                       the wind in your hair.

October 06, 2013, 02:53:17 AM
An entertaining exercise is to reject the obvious and assume that their is life after death.  All religion seems to follow after this.  If you continue to live on, it gives your life purpose. If your life has purpose, someone had to decide what it should be. And so on...

Repeat until you form one of the myriads of cults that claim to have the answer to it all.  Religion is a form of cowardice where you look into the abyss and run away from it.

October 06, 2013, 04:16:22 AM
Denial says things like that.
There's nothing inherently wrong with religion.
But there's a lot wrong with what people do with it, and in its name.
Squawk!