Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

bitterman reviews on Metal Archives

Re: bitterman reviews on Metal Archives
October 16, 2013, 09:54:00 PM
Dude, I thought you were a grindcore guy!  I second the recc, they somehow manage to pull off a "chilled out" sound which has always been interesting to me in a metal context.

Audiofile live links:

http://www.deathmetal.org/forum/index.php/topic,814.0.html

Yeah I know, dropped the ball pretty hard here. The song linked by trystero is neat, though I think I'll have to hear the album in full as the individual track wasn't compelling enough on its own.

Thanks for the link man. Will investigate right now.

October 16, 2013, 10:20:04 PM
they somehow manage to pull off a "chilled out" sound which has always been interesting to me in a metal context.

Absolutely! It is the grooviest metal I have ever heard, and I dont mean that in the context it is currently employed in metal (I`m sure you know what I mean). I was pretty surprised to learn they were Czech. Definitely one of the true greats.

Edit: Actually, Humanicide, were you not the guy who was unfamiliar with Rigor Mortis? Did you check them out? Self-titled debut and Freaks EP are eternal.

October 16, 2013, 11:14:28 PM
Absolutely! It is the grooviest metal I have ever heard, and I dont mean that in the context it is currently employed in metal (I`m sure you know what I mean). I was pretty surprised to learn they were Czech. Definitely one of the true greats.

Edit: Actually, Humanicide, were you not the guy who was unfamiliar with Rigor Mortis? Did you check them out? Self-titled debut and Freaks EP are eternal.

What? Nah man Rigor Mortis is amazing. I stumbled across them when I was first getting into speed/thrash/whatever.

The Czech Republic has had a pretty interesting assortment of bands (particularly grindcore related) come out. Something in the water I guess, cause Czech grind tends to be oddball.

October 17, 2013, 12:58:56 PM
Well whoever you were Rigor Mortis unfamiliar guy, you have been warned.

October 17, 2013, 03:00:11 PM
Well whoever you were Rigor Mortis unfamiliar guy, you have been warned.

That was me, don't worry it has been rectified.  I pride myself on my comprehensive familiarity with the archives.

October 17, 2013, 07:06:37 PM
One of the guys from Rigor Mortis just posted a bunch of stuff up on eGay, including their first album and the Freaks EP, for reasonable prices. I blew twenty-five and thirty bucks respectively on those two releases a few years ago, so hopefully this will help some newer fans of the band out.

October 17, 2013, 11:06:24 PM
Thanks for that link ChapelOfTorment, going to cop one of those shirts.

October 26, 2013, 04:45:17 AM
I like taking the piss on shitty music as much as anyone else but these just aren't funny at all.

October 26, 2013, 05:18:40 AM
I think, like a lot of the writing on this website, bitterman is misunderstood as a troll.

Yes, you can review 50 albums you don't like, in order to give them a fair judgement.

No, I do not think his reviews are just attempts at trolling or joking. If you do, then you really do not understand where he is coming from with the criticism, furthermore, you probably know little of music appreciation.