Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Black Panthers

Black Panthers
October 11, 2013, 09:48:41 PM
Black pan-thaas rule! Or do they?

During my life one thing has been clear: Leftists "revolutionaries" many times can be not what they seem. While I admitedly do not have knowledge or history, I think that it's pretty obvious that leftism is being co-opted.

Like, maybe Martin Luther King was a communist? Maybe he, too, wanted a dictatorship?

What about the Black Panthers? Were they legtit???

I don't know. That's for the black americans together with white and other historians to find out...

But if they were, they were prety cool!!

--

If you analyze what T. Kaczynski says about "leftism" in his work, it is not about the original Left at all. He is targeting "guilty left" types, while the true left were bomb-exploding "maniacs". There was a surge of power,a changed occurred, which scrambled Left and Right Altogether. Equating leftism with evil is so cruel as equating jews with evil and sending them to gas chambers!!! Which I'm sure existed!
You're quite hostile.

I got a right to be hostile, man, my people been persecuted!

Re: Black Panthers
October 12, 2013, 03:31:29 PM
They did have some snazzy outfits.

So do you think that revolutionary groups in the past always (or even usually) had a conscious Leftist agenda? Or is Leftism the result of succumbing to the demands of these types of revolutionary minority groups (like feminists, homosexuals, or blacks)?

October 12, 2013, 10:21:02 PM
Offering my opinion, I must say that I support anyone who stands up and takes pride in their race and heritage. 'BLACK POWER' as a slogan is simple and evocative. Not MLK's wimpy 'sit down and let whitey beat you til you get rights' attitude - the Panthers struck on something profound for young blacks in the USA; you won't get what you want for you and yours until you FIGHT for it. Such radical thought stirred the minds of intelligent young black folk, but also brought in dumbasses that thought 'yeah lets kill whitey then all of our problems be solved!'

Ultimately this idealism didn't last long as the Panthers splintered within a few years to become common gangs of thugs, most notable being the Crips. Now the Panthers are little more than a black version of the KKK.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

October 13, 2013, 02:02:01 PM
If you analyze what T. Kaczynski says about "leftism" in his work, it is not about the original Left at all. He is targeting "guilty left" types, while the true left were bomb-exploding "maniacs". There was a surge of power,a changed occurred, which scrambled Left and Right Altogether.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG4ovxB_6p4

October 14, 2013, 12:10:52 AM
Their goal isn't clear at all. Brutalize whitey? Overthrow the establishment? Assert black rule? None of that would have ever worked for a rather small 12% minority within a superpower state that wants commerce and multiculturalism instead.

The reds of the time were manipulating these people as a proxy militant proletariat as well for purposes other than African nationalism. Furthermore, the state itself had infiltrated and undermined them. It was destined to fail.

Similar efforts worked out more successfully but within unstable failed states abroad that have little in the way of resources to dedicate to the separatist problem.
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

October 14, 2013, 04:00:39 AM
Their founder was a crack addict who was shot to death by a dealer he owed money to as he was leaving a crack house.
-l-