Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Aosoth

Aosoth
October 14, 2013, 12:36:47 AM
My initial impressions of the most recent material are generally positive. I remembered their older material as being interesting, but not worthy of attention at that time. Aesthetic seems increasingly accessible, and strangely (like Inquisition), their popularity (and production cost) seems to be on the rise.

Thoughts?

P.S.: A blast from the past!

Re: Aosoth
October 14, 2013, 02:30:45 PM
hope they stay so strong, not like the last shit Watain.

October 15, 2013, 10:57:56 PM
Their popularity could've been spurred by their performance at Maryland Deathfest last year. (Which was an excellent one, I might add)

I really enjoy "Ashes of Angels". I have "III: Violence and Variations" but have not listened to it enough to form a concrete opinion - it was actually a blind buy at last year's MDF. In fact....I think I know what I'll be spinning tonight over a few brews.

Here's hoping this band keeps up the quality level, and hope that they improve too.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

October 19, 2013, 12:59:00 AM
I enjoyed Aosoth and Anteaus live, they make good music, but the atmosphere on many of their albums detracts from the music. It's a static atmosphere of dissonance that grows somewhat monotonous because it seems to overshadow the guitar work to the point that it becomes a distraction rather than a complement. It seems to be more like it's just an atmosphere than a feeling the whole band is set in (i.e. Verge's "Because It's Wrong) and the vocals just don't mesh quite right with the rest of the music in either band. Despite the rough dissonance, it doesn't capture any of the energy both bands had live, it feels sort of sterile in comparison. Too much emphasis on the dissonant atmosphere. Seems like everything both of these bands have done since 2002ish has had the same feeling in a different way.