Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Offering free metal logo design

Offering free metal logo design
October 25, 2013, 04:03:20 PM
Graphic design work is usually very boring because I'm forced to work in such tight constraints. So I am trying my hand at designing logos for metal bands. This is a very new style for me and I would very much like criticism on my work, as I intend to charge bands for logos in the future (once I reach a professional level).

As a means to this end, I'd like to draw some logos for you, in whatever style you prefer, that I might brush up on my skills and have some samples to show off. And, if you are in a band, the logo will be yours by all rights to do with as you please. I'd appreciate credit if you do end up using it (though I sense an unlikelihood there since I'm so new at this).

So fire away; just tell me the name, and general feel you want. I'm having a lot of fun doing symmetrical logos (like Obituary, Mayhem, Emperor) but will gladly do more "old-school"-looking designs in the vein of Suffocation, Death, Slayer etc.

PM if you want or post here.

Re: Offering free metal logo design
October 25, 2013, 06:52:36 PM
Can you do one for "Opeth" in the style of the 0peth's logo?

October 25, 2013, 07:09:11 PM
Yes I can, but I probably won't.

October 26, 2013, 02:01:28 AM
Well then, how about a logo for my little band of raccoons, and their band-leader, the rabbit?
With, perhaps, the rabbit wielding an eight-pound wood-splitting maul, for the heavy metal side of it.
Maybe, though, I should look for a heavy-vegetable theme, instead?
A giant pumpkin, possibly (since it's that time of year)?

October 26, 2013, 02:13:17 PM
But crow, you don't want your logo to go out of style as soon as November ends!

I've been working on a style of lettering involving vines, thorns, leaves, roots, and other vegetation themes, so I'll gladly do one for you. I'm thinking the band name should be, "SQUAWK".

October 26, 2013, 02:14:39 PM
And you can call your first album, "Caws of Death"!

October 26, 2013, 05:51:38 PM
Well there's nothing wrong with your sense of humour, anyway.
I suspect you'll go far :)

November 01, 2013, 12:21:12 AM
Do you have a portfolio? Logos or otherwise.

November 01, 2013, 01:28:59 AM
Sure, it's not available online though. I can mail you a floppy disk with the images in .gif format if you PM me your address.

Just kidding... I'm actually in the middle of moving (and during a classic midwestern rainstorm) so I don't even have my pc hooked up but in the next day or two, I will be more organized and can scan some images in (specifically logos I've done over the last week). So stay tuned.

November 04, 2013, 02:07:33 AM
I'm having a lot of fun doing symmetrical logos (like Obituary, Mayhem, Emperor) but will gladly do more "old-school"-looking designs in the vein of Suffocation, Death, Slayer etc.

I always found the Deicide logo interesting as it is based on old-school design but becomes symmetrical with the doubling up of letters, the first and last 3 letters being the same with the odd one out in the centre.