Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Metal nourishes plants

Metal nourishes plants
October 29, 2013, 11:49:56 AM
A more recent experiment by a TV show called Myth Busters, involved placing batches of pea seeds in identical sunlight and water conditions and subjecting them to different auditory stimuli. One batch was kept in silence and another was subjected to an endless loop of loving, cooing endearments while the third got a barrage of harsh insults. The last two batches got classical music and death metal. Two weeks later, the plants were measured for growth and biomass weight.

Guess which plants did best? Wrong! It was the death metal batch, followed closely by the classical music one! The plants that were talked to did identically well irrespective of what was said to them. And strangely enough, the ones that grew in silence were the worst off.

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/columns/you/Of-sweet-talk-and-death-metal/articleshow/24828870.cms

Re: Metal nourishes plants
October 30, 2013, 12:55:33 AM
The metal used was: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Chimaira/9208

In conclusion, plants have horrible taste.

October 30, 2013, 02:32:27 AM
I recall reading a few years ago that it was Immolation that they had played for them. Oh well.
Just a walking corpse.

October 30, 2013, 04:01:16 AM
Good to know those famous experiments saying Heavy Metal is bad for living beings was complete bullshit.  I guess it's probably the excessive volume and having an electrical machine vibrating close to the plant what can actually affect it negatively.

October 30, 2013, 04:11:24 AM
I don't think the experiments ever claimed that metal makes organisms wither away and die. Most of them focus on how they affect mood and aggression levels, if memory serves, in which case, plants are not very valid as test subjects. If metal made its listeners more physically robust, as it did these plants, that would probably be a bad thing if coupled with greater destructive tendencies.
Just a walking corpse.