Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Horror movies related to metal

Horror movies related to metal
October 29, 2013, 10:40:41 PM
I don't mean metal-themed horror movies, but what are some horror movies that seem to have influenced metal?

I'm thinking stuff like Carnival of Souls or Re-Animator.

Any help appreciated, since I'm a cinematard.

Re: Horror movies related to metal
October 29, 2013, 10:50:42 PM
The Evil Dead definitely. Directly referenced by Deicide in Dead by Dawn off debut.

The Exorcist possibly another, uncountable hammer films maybe.

October 29, 2013, 11:45:47 PM
Some of the more chilling Hellraiser quotes have been heard through a few different songs. I'm not sure which song it is, but on Blood's Dysangelium this quote is inserted
 " It opens doors, doors to the pleasures of heaven or hell.  I didnt care which"

He who fears the dark, shall never see the light
http://www.last.fm/user/Beastofsodom

October 30, 2013, 12:39:39 AM
I totally agree with Trystero, EVIL DEAD is classic, also added Phantom of the Opera, PHANTASM classic
only check this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmcR8_2RinY  (Tormentor (hun) - Entombed - Etc.), Children of the Corn, HELLRAISER (Hi!! Parasite), The Omen, The Exorcist (Possessed), Re-Animator, ufff what times those!!!

Hi!!! Impetigo.

October 30, 2013, 02:31:49 AM
I don't know the first thing about horror movies, but I've been getting into H.P. Lovecraft recently and have been noticing more and more parallels between his work and the metal world. Not only are there many direct mentions to his works from bands such as Morbid Angel, Metallica, Therion, and Sentenced, but even his worldview is shared by many bands, in the form of his cosmic pessimism/nihilism, as well as a focus on ethnocentrism (not that I support this). I've half a mind to start a thread myself focusing solely on him and his contributions to the metal canon.
Just a walking corpse.

October 30, 2013, 06:47:34 PM
I don't know the first thing about horror movies, but I've been getting into H.P. Lovecraft recently and have been noticing more and more parallels between his work and the metal world. Not only are there many direct mentions to his works from bands such as Morbid Angel, Metallica, Therion, and Sentenced, but even his worldview is shared by many bands, in the form of his cosmic pessimism/nihilism, as well as a focus on ethnocentrism (not that I support this). I've half a mind to start a thread myself focusing solely on him and his contributions to the metal canon.

I'll support that thread mightily. I'm a terminal Lovecraft lover.

Check out Reanimator; it's the only movie I know of based off his work that is not garbage (though I'm judging it in terms of horror movies generally).

October 31, 2013, 01:08:34 AM
Someone posted about The Wicker Man on the blog about this same topic, that is one.

October 31, 2013, 05:17:28 AM
Check out Reanimator; it's the only movie I know of based off his work that is not garbage (though I'm judging it in terms of horror movies generally).

How odd; when I read this comment I was listening to a podcast on the very subject of Herbert West: Reanimator, featuring none other than the director of that film! It must be your magick working :)
Just a walking corpse.

November 01, 2013, 12:15:43 AM
Do you guys know a good new horror movie? Because I don't, Saw it's a shit, I'm afraid these films became more and more hipsters.
From Brazil

November 15, 2013, 01:41:42 PM
Most obviuosly Night of the Living Dead and Cannibal Holocaust. Metal music achieved more than its, mostly aesthetic I believe, influences. It seems that such movies were rarely above the level of leftist social critique.

Early Max Cavalera were seen with Poltergeist T-shirt.
Classical<------------------Metal----------------->Ambient

November 15, 2013, 07:22:55 PM
Cannibal Holocaust. Metal music achieved more than its, mostly aesthetic I believe, influences. It seems that such movies were rarely above the level of leftist social critique.

uff Cannibal Holocaust, as I could forget this classic

and this is not movie but would not know how to classify it, because documentary is not ...

FACE OF DEATH 1 & 2

November 16, 2013, 03:31:01 PM
I know Suspiria was pretty influential, with at least one example being Mortuary Drape.

Anything George Romero too, obviously. And also Dead/Alive.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.