Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Hipsters justify metal intrusion

Hipsters justify metal intrusion
October 30, 2013, 12:27:05 PM
ďPeople are finally trying some different stuff in heavy metal and hard rock,Ē frontman J.D. Cronise said. ďAll too often, bands rely on the traditional way Ö but traditional metal is funny to me because itís a tradition lasting all of 30 years. To me, thatís still a relatively new art form, and musicians have realized that we can do something different than the same old thing. Thereís a lot of good stuff happening right now.Ē

Itís with bands like Mastodon, Baroness and Pallbearer that The Sword has helped forge a new, more broadly appealing path for metal, crossing the bounds from metal diehards content with the same old power chords to people who donít even own a Metallica record.

http://www.okgazette.com/oklahoma/article-19623-blades-of-gory.html

"New" as in rock of the 1960s.

Re: Hipsters justify metal intrusion
October 30, 2013, 04:22:55 PM
I don't see why they have to drag a decent band like Pallbearer into that mess. Also, I'll never understand why breeding '60s protest rock and its descendants back into metal is somehow a great leap forward.

October 30, 2013, 04:29:57 PM
We didnt like those same old power chords *sounds exactly like Black Sabbath and decades old hippie rock mashed together*

October 30, 2013, 06:40:09 PM
I thought Pallbearer put out a pretty damn cool album last year. Could have been a lot better without the emo vocals but the pacing and structure were great, and the whole album was refreshingly ungimmicky. Baroness and Mastadon are insufferable though. I don't have much of an opinion on The Sword but that just goes to show how uninspiring their music is.

But yeah dude, mysterious lost books of the Bible, it's like legendary and epic and shit you know?