Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Who attends this forum?

Re: Who attends this forum?
November 05, 2013, 12:19:29 AM
Such judgmentalism. Tsk, tsk. I'm sure there are masses of people who really enjoy reading crap.

Ever heard of Twilight? Been done.

November 06, 2013, 12:11:35 PM
Now on books things can go wild. Writing is more creative, and if people want to read shit, let them. I would have no problem writing wild stuff to entertain people. I need to eat.

Is that the best you could be doing with your life?

Why not? What is the limit? Who is the regulator, and what is the rule? Would you rather not smell the pretty morning in the sky, everyday? To tune in with the buzz of the bees, and fear the dreaded wolf. But that wolf is also god, for god is you and everything, and above all, Love. So Love, love unconditionally, love your neighbor, love your family like there's no tomorrow.

If not, then who? If why, then how? Questions, questions... just surrender now. Just like, just love. A just life is like a dog. A dog that never judges, and only wants to pee. Please, I beg of you, tune yourself in with the buzz of the bees.

from my upcoming book: WHY DO WE MAKE LIFE SO COMPLICATED

November 06, 2013, 01:15:29 PM
I, for one, like your self-help-style indjasseemun. I've read some crap like that, and your crap seems better than most of the other crap around. Go for it :)

I hold a BA in philosophy, that I obtained without much effort. Now, I'm enrolled in a masters, but I'm not really actively engaged. University feels much like a prison for me at this time. Like dead last described: Learning to convince idiots that you are very smart - something I'm not really interested in.

Still read like a madman, though.

So currently, I'm pretty much a full-time slacker trying to figure out what to do with his life. Not really ideal, but it could be worse.

I come from a middle-class small-town background - the definition of normal by the standards in my country. A good normal, I think, but a way of normal that's rapidly dissappearing, which pains me a great deal.

I live in the capital (which I don't like) with my girlfriend of 7 years (that I love).

Like many here, I have my creative work, that I do for the pure love of it: I've been workning on an album for 8 years (Chupacabra), that'll soon be finished (fingers crossed) - it's 'organic electronic'-music structurally/compositionally influenced by classical music and death metal. I also have a more rhytmical-electronic project (Intet). I'm learning guitar, and would like to do some metal in the future. I also make rap-music with a friend (faggotry by the standards here, but it's fun).

I write: I have a book in the works (philosophy).

That's about it.

November 06, 2013, 01:33:32 PM
03-04: Do you have any electronic music to share? I would be really interested in hearing some. I compose a lot of electronic music too, inspired somewhat by classical but more by recent composers like Bela Bartok, Arnold Schoenberg, Lou Harrison, Frank Zappa. When I hear electronic music the first thing that comes to mind is dance music which is the most garbage thing I've ever heard and the opposite of what I use electronics for (I don't even have percussion voices in the tracks), and so I'm always excited by electronic music that is more creative than the mind-numbingly cyclical stuff that is so popular for some reason.

November 06, 2013, 02:17:03 PM
Part of me thinks indjaseemun is schizophrenic, and the other part of me thinks the advice given has a simple and direct charm to it.

I guess he's a real philosopher.

November 06, 2013, 02:26:03 PM
dead last: I have some old old stuff floating about the internet, that I'm frankly to embarassed to share. I'll upload some sample-tracks of my newer works when I have the time (probably tomorrow) and share, now that you're interested.

November 06, 2013, 07:42:03 PM
Sounds great, I look forward to hearing.

November 06, 2013, 07:46:18 PM
Indeed. Even I, serial refuser of any and all cacophony that remotely resembles metal, find myself eager to listen. God help me :)

November 07, 2013, 01:55:58 PM
I attend the forum less and less, as I grow older (the demographic seems to stay quite young around here). I used to write for and edit one of the tribes for a year or two. Worked hard, but could not increase visitors. Either I failed, or there just wasn't the market. (I was, however, glad when we switched over to Corrupt - this increased traffic, no doubt due to the less homo-erotic headline!). I've written the odd article for deathmetal.org (eg: http://www.deathmetal.org/news/is-death-metal-essentialist-music/).

On these forums I have been under various user names, having recently settled on 'Imposition', which is, incidentally, the name of a black metal EP I have been working on for some time and am about to let loose. Crow banned me once (no hard feelings), Conservationist banned me another time, I believe. 

I'm doing my PhD at a good university, with an eye to an academic career. It is a challenge juggling the demands of a modern grad program in a liberal university, but thankfully my area is relatively 'objective' so I can stay away from political 'hot topics'. I figure it is worthwhile to get into academia where I can make a living learning about the wonders of the natural world, while I study social theory, history, and sociology a bit myself on the side so that I can be educated about society and understand modern society, and maybe one day write about it (aside from work in my main academic area).

I played in a band for 6 years that I started with a good friend when we were dreamers in our early 20s. The band attained an underground following which enabled us to play gigs in good venues in our capital city to a decent audience by the end of it. This was extremely rewarding. It also enabled me to come out of my shell a bit, personally.

ANUS really changed the course of my life. I was studying business and then after discovering metal and, well Nietzsche, via the dark legions archive, I switched to other paths! I have, at times, decried the shift I observed in the forum towards perennialism, at the expense of other ideas, but I couldn't really care now.

November 08, 2013, 05:45:14 PM
I prefer Morbid Angel's Covenant more than Morbid Angel's Blessed are the Sick!

how did this get missed?

November 08, 2013, 07:07:08 PM
I prefer Morbid Angel's Covenant more than Morbid Angel's Blessed are the Sick!

how did this get missed?

I don't know. But I've always thought Altars was leagues ahead of Blessed. I'd probably put Covenant slightly behind Blessed.

Prepare yourself for the onslaught of sodomy, Bukakke.

November 08, 2013, 08:48:12 PM
It took me a while to appreciate Blessed over Altars, and honestly if you compared the weakest parts of Blessed (not much) with the strongest half of Covenant it is a fair fight. Vengeance is Mine is probably one of my favourite MA tracks.

November 09, 2013, 10:41:33 PM
I thought Blessed was considered by most listeners the ultimate MA, and I can see why, but I'm weird and like Formulas almost (maybe just) as much. The closest thing to an out-of-body experience I've ever had with a metal album. Altars was the first album I heard and it proper scared me so I would rank that one pretty high too but doesn't compare to the others I mentioned.